Triple tree question or Problem?

PAhunter

Complete Noob
Reaction score
Whilst waiting on my frame to be done I have a problem. I was hoping someone with experience on this could offer a bit more insight on. I have seen a set of bars I wish to use that bolt to the top tree and are spaced at 3.5 inch. Has anyone ever succesfully done this and how? I want to retain the stock front end as I already have everything for it.

Its not really a case of I wish to use these bars. Its more a case of I have to use them and have to find a way to make it work. It may sound stupid as hell but after a night of beer drinking/Barbecue/general redneck pursuits and throwing up rooster tails of mud on the atv I fell asleep by the fire and had a dream of how I wanted everything to be on my build.

After a day or so of measuring thinking etc I have come up with a half assed plan/drawing of a top tree that I think would work well but I dont have any experience of CNC machines. Seeings too that I live in the ass end of nowhere is there anyone you guys would recommend that can help on this issue?

Thanks all and will post some pics and start a build thread when my frame gets back.

Ian.

simplest would be aluminum plugs in the stock 4" OC holes and drill a bolt hole for your new centers. Any local metal shop could do it. Vibration? Well that may be a different story. You cold drill offset holes in the rubber plugs, but they are going to want to let the bars twist in relation to the triples. An aluminum plate bolted between both stock mounts with offset holes drilled to pick up your new bars? That would be in the reach of anyone with a drill, hacksaw and files. You would have to offset both inwards and rear or forward for clearance. Done well it should look good and keep the vibration isolation of the rubber plugs.

Back