Trouble with boyer

dlabkeeg

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
My bike was running, now it's not. No spark. I have a boyer blue box. The coil is 1.6 ohms across the spade terminals. Is there any way to check the blue box, and is the ohms on the coil right?

Primary resistance on your coil should be 0.6 ohms. Are you using a quality tester with rx1 range, and did you touch the probes together and subtract that reading from the reading across the terminals?

Hell yeah it's quality, I got it from harbor freight:yikes:. Used to have a fluke, but some bastard stole it. I forgot to sub the number for touching the probes. It's reading right at .6 ohms. Damn it must be the box.:banghead: So do you know a way to test the box?

I am in the same boat. I bought a new coil and still no spark. I tried to buy a new blue box and they are back ordered from Mikes XS and the complete Pamco is cheaper than just buying a Blue Boyer box alone.

Trash that thing and get the Pamco.I used to have a Boyer on my Kawi triple and that ignition was a damn nightmare.I was always afraid if I would make back at home after a ride.

My coil is good. Damn that blue box. Looks like I'm going Pamco, with the green coil(my bike is green).

Back