Trumpet Frame 4 XS650

Belle

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Does any one have a good reason I can't use a Triumph Unit construction chopper frame for a '76 (I think) XS650? All I see on the belly of the engine that I need to avoid is an access pan--those are fragile--I know from Kzs & the starter which I will probably do away with. The pan is about 7-8" across & since I've never been very close to a Trumpet U/C style I thought maybe some one had. I figure on some motor mount mods to fit it up good & tight but other than that... will the top tube clear the head, etc? They seem similar enough to each other.

Found a nice one for around $300. Not a wide tire or anything awkward to work with. Thanks for the help if ya got it.

Here's a pic of a Royal Enfield with an XS650 engine. Looks like the left foot does rear braking and gear shifting as well.

Attachments

• BulletXS650-L.jpg
    BulletXS650-L.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 143
Here's a pic of a Royal Enfield with an XS650 engine. Looks like the left foot does rear braking and gear shifting as well.

Thanks it looks like they suspended the engine a little?.

One thing to remember is that the XS650 motor is a much taller motor than the Triumph 650's...

Thought so. Thanks.

And thanks to the rest too. I have a good frame to use but, searching out some alternative options before I get start chopping. What do they say--measure twice, cut once.

Back