Trying to finish up my 80 xs650...

blinddragon

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
...And, I'm pretty much down to rejetting the carbs. I've read through just about every other thread about it until my head hurts. I'm rolling pennies to try and finish this thing up so, any help on jet sizes will be greatly appreciated. I'll try to answer the main questions that I've seen asked....
Elevation: 2,733′
Open exhaust
Will have UniFlo filters
Use will be mainly in town but, there will be some highway travel.
BS34's
I'm trying to learn and have learned a lot by just wading through the forum but, with the elevation being a factor and these things running lean from the factory and little money to throw around, I'm asking those who know what they doing for suggestions.

When I was running bs34's with open pipes and uni filters I went one up on the pilot, two up on the mains. Jets aren't to expensive so maybe buy two sizes up from stock on the pilots, and three sizes up on the mains. Unfortunately nobody will be able to tell you the exact size you'll need...it's gonna be a bit of an experiment.
Here's the carb guide, this page tells you stock jet sizes.
0eaa1dc80c89079eb40f7f94020e0cf2.jpg

http://www.amckayltd.com/carbguide.pdf

You can probably skip over one up on the mains (#135s) with your mods. I would start out with 2 and 3 up (137.5 & 140), and 1 up on the pilots (#45). Eventually you will probably want to try 2 up on the pilots (47.5) and 4 up on the mains (142.5) just to rule them out and verify that what you are running is right.

Back