trying to see if I can post photos

Doug79

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm just making a run at photos prior to when the serious business begins.

Attachments

• IMG_0646.jpg
    IMG_0646.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0647.jpg
    IMG_0647.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0648.jpg
    IMG_0648.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 74
I'll be damned, worked the first try. a little more involved than the ford site i'm on but will still pretty easy to figure out. even for a non-techy

That is one good looking 78SE or 79SF Special. Not usually one to give advice on what one should do to their bikes but that is one i would recommend keeping original. Maybe changing out the bars to lower ones for riding comfort.

If you do decide to cafe or get rid of a lot of parts for whatever reason PM me.

My thoughts exactly I plan on keeping it pretty much original. Don't feel like I should do much cutting on an 11000 mile bike. Probably a color and exhaust change and all of the suspension upgrades I can find will be about it. The sissy bar definitely won't make the cut so if anyone wants that, it's yours for the freight bill.

What you'll discover when you remove that sissy bar is the rear signals mount through a special oval shaped hole in it. They were mounted to the original grab bar on the stock bike. You may need to acquire one of those. See the last post in this thread .....

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9113

Or, you could acquire some of the little chrome brackets the Standard models used to mount their rear signals .....

RearSignalMounts.jpg

What you'll discover when you remove that sissy bar is the rear signals mount through a special oval shaped hole in it. They were mounted to the original grab bar on the stock bike. You may need to acquire one of those. See the last post in this thread .....

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9113

Or, you could acquire some of the little chrome brackets the Standard models used to mount their rear signals .....

RearSignalMounts.jpg
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'll probably look for an original grab bar or look into making some brackets out of stainless

Back