TX750 tank

burns

OWG
Reaction score
WeekendRider sent me a TX750 tank for the price of a pizza (what a PRINCE) and I tried it on for size. I'm going to put a BSA style cap on it and some other cosmetic stuff I've been thinking about, going with my "comet" theme.

Here's what it looks like now.

Attachments

• TX Comet .jpg
    TX Comet .jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 232
Well, at least you have one good part. Now just raise the tank up and drive the rest of the good bike under the tank. :D:laugh: I'm just jackin with ya of course. Don't ya just love makin things work. :thumbsup:

Ya. That weekendrider is quite the guy. I got most of the rest of the bike. :bike:

Well, at least you have one good part. Now just raise the tank up and drive the rest of the good bike under the tank. :D:laugh: I'm just jackin with ya of course. Don't ya just love makin things work. :thumbsup:

Ya. That weekendrider is quite the guy. I got most of the rest of the bike. :bike:

If I thought I could swap the parts even and get 7 grand for it I would, but I just learned that the last TX750 crazed millionaire already bought his.

XS's for all is the motto!
I like the way the tank sits, burns. Is it in the cups up front?
Did you already wack off the pin? I think it is going to fit the look well.

XS's for all is the motto!
I like the way the tank sits, burns. Is it in the cups up front?
Did you already wack off the pin? I think it is going to fit the look well.

The TX tank's lines are very close to those of 650 tanks so the "blood line" shows and things flow together naturally. The tank biscuits fit about half-way into the cups where they are now and I can move the rubber pad so that the pin will secure the rear of the tank. With the pin in the pad the bottom of the tank will line up with the seat and "carry" that line.

It fits very nicely.

Now I gotta get to work and make it pretty and Britty.

I haven't decided if I'll move the Comet badges to the tank or leave them on the side covers.

Trying to understand what you're talking about when fitting the tank. Any pics? If you got smaller "biscuits", would the tank fit in the cups? Or are the biscuits located differently on the tank?

Scott that tank doesn't have the "tang" on the back. It has a pin that fits in a rubber damper about 3-5 inchs in from the rear of the tank.
I think he is ftting the original pad to the frame instead of adding a tang to the back of the tank.
Hopefully he will post some pics of the tank and how it fits.

Back