Tyres at the right price in AUS

xsPete

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
G'day,
I'm still fairly new here, and still green building this bike, awesome site for knowledge.
My bikes a TX bitsa, when I got it it was stuffed. Engine a 256 with 447 rods and no 2 bolts matching etc.
It's now got an extended swingarm and 750 rephased motor kick only.
I still need to contend with mounting the fender and wiring it including mounting the coils battery etc.

In AUS a Firestone 450/18 is $247 exc postage compared to I think about 150 or 160 in US.
Anyone know where I can get rubber at a reasonable price in Aus or anyone ship from the States and comme in cheaper than the Aus distributor.

Heres a couple of pics of the bike at present, a long way to go and plenty more questions I reckon.

Any help appreciated.

G'day,
I'm still fairly new here, and still green building this bike, awesome site for knowledge.
My bikes a TX bitsa, when I got it it was stuffed. Engine a 256 with 447 rods and no 2 bolts matching etc.
It's now got an extended swingarm and 750 rephased motor kick only.
I still need to contend with mounting the fender and wiring it including mounting the coils battery etc.

In AUS a Firestone 450/18 is $247 exc postage compared to I think about 150 or 160 in US.
Anyone know where I can get rubber at a reasonable price in Aus or anyone ship from the States and comme in cheaper than the Aus distributor.

Heres a couple of pics of the bike at present, a long way to go and plenty more questions I reckon.

Any help appreciated.

Looks like I need to learn how to post pic's,I'll read up a bit more.

G'day Pete.

I did the sums regarding buying the Firestone tyres in the States or locally myself.

Unlike most of the parts that I'm buying, there was no real saving or value in buying it from a US supplier due the massive delivery costs.

I bought one of my tyres already, and plan to get the other again from Antique Tyres.

http://www.antiquetyres.com.au/

By the way, your bike looks great!

Cheers.

Steve.

http://inmotionphotogxs650.blogspot.com/

Thanks for that, your bike is looking the goods, if i'm not mistaken that's a bantam tank, it'll look shit hot with the double ribbed guard, I originally bought one for mine but it went missing in the post and I couldn't find another in any sort of 1/2 decent nick.

Looks like I'll be feeling the pain with Antique as well, that's where I 1st priced one up.

Cheers,
Pete

I know some guys are importing from

http://www.universaltire.com

Maybe if a few Guys fro OZ want to get together on a order the postage can be done a better deal.

I'd be up for that, just the sorting of shipping in OZ from a central location. UPS rates are the killer, if it was sea freight a lot cheaper but about 12 weeks probably, there may be a cheaper way to bring in by air except for UPS.

No wonder so much is being bought on the Web in OZ when you look look at the difference from $147 to $247, they'd bring in tyres by the container load

Back