Unnecessary electrical components

So….. the flasher canceling component doesn’t require any kind of jumper? Just unplug?

Also I did the jumper for the RLU & light checker, but I’m pulling wires back as far as I can just leaving enough incase I’ve done anything wrong….

Just didn’t see anything about the flasher cancel unit so

Just want to thin down harness as Mitch as possible

OH! And what does this going to speedometer do?
It’s not illumination so ???

Attachments

• IMG_3692.jpeg
    IMG_3692.jpeg
    588 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3693.jpeg
    IMG_3693.jpeg
    426.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3691.jpeg
    IMG_3691.jpeg
    441.8 KB · Views: 8
so it counts distance and thats the trigger for the cancel module?
so I can strip it from harness too
Something like that.

If the flasher cancelling unit has gone, then the speedometer sensor is redundant. Mine is still inside the speedometer, but the cancelling unit is lying in a box of removed 47 year old electronic junk.

Light checker removed but the Red/white goes directly to fuse panel….. feel like a direct power should be going somewhere.

and just to confirm on the flasher canceler white/red to handle bar switch and white/green to flasher can just be removed and could use 2 prong flasher?

Last edited:
I know what the light checker does but not exactly how it does it, lol. If you study a wiring diagram for your model, you will see you have the more complex 7 wire light checker. The R/W wire doesn't come from the fuse box, it comes from the starter/headlight safety relay. Instead, there is a brown wire from the fuse box that supplies the power. The R/W wire supplies power as well but only until the engine starts, then the safety relay cuts it. Like I said, I don't understand how the light checker operates. The power on the R/W wire may not be powering anything in the checker, it may be just monitoring it to tell when the engine is running.

Back