USD Forks Twin discs

Leslie

XS650 Junkie
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hi ,
has anyone converted their front end to a Upside down fork set up with twin discs, if so is there a set up that will drop straight into the XS650 1980 yokes ?

Leslie

if you go to the aussie site ,,,there is a guy that put a xs650 motor into an r1,,, also in europe,,, on 1 of the xs650 sites,,,a guy has gone all gsxr with suzuki wheels every thing and usd forks twin vent discs etc ... it looks superb... regards oldbiker

Lots of people have done it, but it is not a direct swap. Here is a pic of my current build
4d14b7ac.png

Hi Bradshaw,

Ok I've been a bit busy but have managed to do a little reading, which has enlightened me to some potential pitfalls I fall into.

I understand the process of fitting the xs stem to the chosen set of forks, what I would like to ensure before buying or chopping anything about is:

What forks are a suitable considering length and yoke/triple tree offset. I want to keep the rake and trail within a sensible limit, this isn't going to be a race bike and definitely not a chopper.

I also want to use the original mag wheel and twin discs, but not fussed about keeping the stock callipers.

Have you any updated pictures of your project?

Cheers Luke

Back