Vacuum Petcock

imcgyver

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hello I have a 1981 Yamaha XS650 II, I have been getting it ready for this year, I got my NGK LZEH plug caps for the BPR7ES plugs had to order from overseas, now for my next issue I noticed my vacuum petcock leaking at the tank so I removed it and noticed the standoff was sitting in the bottom of the tank, I want to use the petcock because there was nothing else wrong with it, How can I repair the standoff so it will not come off again and how to determine which direction for reserve and normal?
Thank you for your time and response Ron

I like the fix from @gggGary. He used a shim made from an aluminum can and wedged it in there. I does the trick. The best part is if it get damaged, I can remove and replace it. After epoxy, removal isn't likely to ever happen.

I like the fix from @gggGary. He used a shim made from an aluminum can and wedged it in there. I does the trick. The best part is if it get damaged, I can remove and replace it. After epoxy, removal isn't likely to ever happen.
I used @gggGary ’s pop can hack to secure the screen in place on my ‘79 and it worked great. I’m sure epoxy would also work well, but at the time I didn’t have any and there were lots of empty cans kicking around.

Back