BP7ES Plugs Discontinued

I go up to the Honda dealer when I need plugs quick. A lot of times if they don't have the NGK's in an Ngk box they will give me the same plug in a Honda box. I assume under a Honda part number.

Hello I scored a couple of NGK LZFH caps and some BPR7ES plugs but the terminal nuts were not removable, I got a couple of LZEH non NGK caps, looks the same but are aftermarket no idea what brand, I found some BPR7ES plus with removable terminal caps, was wondering which rout to go with the caps? They were both hard to find.
Thank you for your time and response Ron
1981 Yamaha XS650 II with factory TCI ignition

When buying NGK plugs, the plug number is only part of the info you need. The stock number is more important as it will determine options like solid end or removable teminal.

Ok that’s not good. Where are you located? Checking other sources.

Last edited:
"This item has been discontinued."

1682548377095.png

OK Well now I am completely confused. My new to me 81 Special came with BP7-ES Plugs installed and a Mike's XS electronic ignition, 3 manuals also came with it all of which list the correct plug as a B8-ES so I changed them. P in plug # meaning projected and 7 being hotter than 8. So my thinking is bp7es is a hotter and longer plug than b8es, is there a reason to use the bp7es instead of recommended B8ES or am I missing something.

Ok that’s not good. Where are you located? Checking other sources.

Oh sorry, I was able to snag the last 2 the store had so I'm good for now. Thanks! Just figured I'd post to give others a heads up that while the BP7ES is discontinued, the damn alternate cap to run the BP7RES is discontinued as well!

BP7ES plugs came in and I realized I needed some caps. every one local listed NGK caps as OOS and not available
I ordered a set of these, let’s see how they are. For the price it’s worth a tryout.IMG_2114.png

If you are desperate then remember the manuals also recommend the Champion N-7Y. Also, a pair of NGK spark plugs will last many thousands of miles so they do not have to be changed every couple of thousand. Think of the mileage your car gets out of them.

If you are desperate then remember the manuals also recommend the Champion N-7Y. Also, a pair of NGK spark plugs will last many thousands of miles so they do not have to be changed every couple of thousand. Think of the mileage your car gets out of them.
I ordered a box off of Ebay from the U.K. where they apparently are still listed.

Yes, the B-8ES was the recommended plug for the 650 on the earlier models. Yamaha changed that to the BP7ES in 1976, and it's accepted practice to use it in the earlier models as well. I don't think the "BP" projected tip type plug came out until around '76. I think you'll find the hotter 7's will burn cleaner than the colder 8's.

Back