Venture forth.

I love the V4 engines..the ones in the ST1100s are Longitudinal Vs'...I love the V4 rumble and torque..and soooooo smoooth....Add MC-Cruise... cruise control and I'll see y'all in Cally forn ya...:bike:

Last edited:
Huge! but great road bikes. The Road Stars are twins and even more Harley "ish"
At this point, living in Mississippi, with what seems like everyone and everything far away, I may be considering a bike with real legs. That would be after the dust settles around me. Road King would be considered. The giant Yamaha would fit just fine. The GoldWing isn't particularly comfortable for me, but there are awesome deals on great bikes in that category, and they even have cassette tape players! As you where. The Venture looks great. I've seen some early plain ones in awesome condition, purchased on the cheap.

Removing reserve lighting unit right now so LED headlight works correctly. After dodging rain showers at sunset last night I nearly took out Bambi and didn't even know it til after it happened. :yikes:
Doing headlight while I have windshield off trying to restore clarity. :thumbsup:

Got LED in and working spent some time troubleshooting the computer controlled air assist suspension leveling system the Venturers forum had a tech article pointed to some possible busted solder joints on a circuit board, after checking everything else I went in and sure enough found the joints, resoldered and all is good. Rode to where Allison was horse camping with some buddies, got to hear some music.
20200625_203014.jpg
The camping water source, an artesian well.
20200625_203347.jpg

about 100 miles, half after dark, nice behind the LED headlight.
Bike's working, running good. cruise works great, leg room a bit crowded darn it.

Last edited:
Very cool Gary.

The engineering of the elderly J4 bikes really is amazing. Those companies really know how to do it.

Would you say it's not a good bike for your 6'3" frame?

Starting looking, there are (were) Yamaha accessory driver's floor board kits Yeah the royal star venture is more foot forward. shouldna sold that one i had so perfectly set up, damn.

Starting looking, there are (were) Yamaha accessory driver's floor board kits Yeah the royal star venture is more foot forward. shouldna sold that one i had so perfectly set up, damn.
How does the Beemer compare to the Venture? Were you cramped on that too?

Back