Vfr hydraulic clutch questions

jkocr2

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know the exact measurement I would need to cut a new push rod for this hydraulic setup? I tried the pit bike clutch but it doesn't appear to have enough seperation of the clutch pack. I cannot for the life of me get it adjusted right. I've bled bled bled and it just doesn't seem to move the worm gear enough.

My best advice would be to do what I did, although I am using a different clutch slave than you (aprilia), the same principles will work. I drilled and tapped the end of the stock pushrod and screwed in an Allen head cap screw with a couple low-profile nuts onto it. This essentially makes the length of the pushrod adjustable. Then you just adjust with the side cover on, slave cylinder removed, and temporarily mount the slave, test, adjust, test adjust etc, until you have maximum plate separation...shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. When you are happy with your cap screw position, a drop of red locktite and snug down the nuts against the pushrod (you can do this in a soft jawed vice out of the bike)

Back