VM34 Pics Needed

kvanderploeg

The Dutch Terror
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good close up pics of their VM34's mounted? I just ordered a pair from MMM (and a Sudco Mikuni manual on the way as well), but I have some interesting fuel plumbing plans and I'd like to see specifically how and where the fuel is fed in. Thanks!

Kent

5927711968_b6f627310f_b.jpg

not a perfect picture, but the fuel feeds in just above where the bowl meets the carb body on the inside of the carb in this case... Of course mine were a set of left hand carbs, so the carb on the left of the bike has the fuel line on the outside. You can see the fuel line routed towards the back and then forward. Nipple on the carb points up. HTH

Thanks for the pic! I think I'm getting the idea. I have a bobber with a PNut tank with dual petcocks (no reserve). My setup with my old BS34's allowed me to turn on only 1 petcock, then turn on the other petcock to act as my reserve. I'm thinking I'll now need to run from both petcocks to a "T", then "T" again to both carb inlets. Here is my current setup:

P1020158.jpg

P1020157.jpg

Kent

That was a dual petcock setup on the picture above... ran from the petcock to a fuel filter on each side, then to the carb on that side. Can't remember if the filters were on when I took that pic... I just ran those clear cone shaped filters behind the side covers.

Both of those petcocks have a reserve position though, correct? I want to use one of my petcocks as the "reserve" but tapping into the fuel that is still in that side of the tank, but below the backbone.

Kent

Back