Voodoo Vintage MK21 fitment question

DB90

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So, as the title states, I have a question about fitment for the MK21. I have followed the instructions that they have online but the upper tubes that meet the backbone of the frame seem to have some pretty large gaps no matter which way I try to position in.

Is this normal? Do you just have to bridge the gaps when Tiging it?

If anyone has experience or tips then feel free to que me in haha

Attachments

• 20200119_181334.jpg
    20200119_181334.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 20200119_181308.jpg
    20200119_181308.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 98
That's a bigger gap than I'd be comfortable bridging. I'd notch 'em for a good fit.

Same kit I've got, same issue, yours looks to be bigger than what I had. Fitment in that area doesn't seem the best. IIRC the top rear brace is just tacked, removed it, put a bit of a fish mouth in and squeezed 'em together - a small bit. Gotta make sure you've got a spacer between the axle plates.

Same kit I've got, same issue, yours looks to be bigger than what I had. Fitment in that area doesn't seem the best. IIRC the top rear brace is just tacked, removed it, put a bit of a fish mouth in and squeezed 'em together - a small bit. Gotta make sure you've got a spacer between the axle plates.

Ok cool. Glad to hear that mine isn't the only one with this issue haha. I had thought about copeing them a bit but wasn't sure if that was wide or not. Didn't wanna throw off alignment or anything lol.

Back