Voodoo Vintage MK4 - The Line Continues...

voodoo

Custom CNC Plasma
Reaction score
The MK4-A has derived from our original SHORT CHOP design for the Suzuki Savage and has evolved to what you see now. The original design was first introduced in 2008 with many builds in the Savage community. Now it proudly graces the XS crowd!

The low-profile backbone and 38 degree rake offer an aggressive stance with definite flow in the design. The goose neck configuration and monolithic seat post are just a few "signature" design elements continued in our ever expanding gallery.

Approximately three inches of stretch with a substantial drop allow up to 22" rims. Designed for 2" under stock front suspension and a ground clearance of 3.5 inches, the MK4-A will fill the void in production frames for the XS650.

More information and photos coming soon! :thumbsup:

Yamaha-XS650-MK4.jpg

Hands down the coolest setup I've seen yet. whats the turn around on one of these?

Thanks Tony!

Turn around is typically about three weeks to your doorstep including interruptions, however... I have about eight frames on order and about six week back-log.

I don't get to spend nearly as much time at the jig as I wish...

I can't wait to see someone buy one and a finished bike.
jefft

Jeff! Tim at dotheton.com currently has an MK4XS under construction. I have a ton of swag to get done for Monstercraftsman and a few other frames on order, but he should have his frame in a week or so. I'm sure he'll be posting progress shots on dotheton or maybe even xs650.com???

:D Very excited. Trying to clear my current list of projects to make time and room for this one.

Currently working on:

XS650 750/rephase/ported/web cam engine for my cafe racer - BUB Speed Trials this August (frees up engine for the MK4)
SR500 street tracker build
BMW R75/6 wheel rebuild

Can't wait to see the frame in the jig and will def post up some pics here.

Already have the wheels for it - 18" XS650 rear and a 21" TT500 front drum. Might find a different rear rim as the front is a nice alloy rim and the rear is chrome steel but I'd rather avoid relacing the wheel. My brain is telling me to stick to some semblance of a budget but that rarely ends up being the case. If I stumble across a nice alloy rim for the rear I'll lace it up.

Tim, I just wrapped up another frame for MONSTERCRAFTSMAN. I'm letting it stress relieve and then I'm clearing the jig tonight! I'll try to snap some shots of your "pile-o-tubing" if I can remember to snag my camera tonight!!! :D

I'm also assembling a new rotary jig today with machined clamps, graduated angle neck stem, and articulating center and floating supports. It's a project all on it's own! I hope to have four jigs up and running by mid-summer!

Tim... By the way... I'm considering turning my head-tubes specifically for the aftermarket tapered bearings. I'll let you know the stock #s for them...

That's a nice start! Did you make the pipes? The seat/rear rim clearance has me concerned about mine, although David did some drawings in CAD that tell me I should have plenty of room - what size rear wheel is that? I'm running an 18.

That's a nice start! Did you make the pipes? The seat/rear rim clearance has me concerned about mine, although David did some drawings in CAD that tell me I should have plenty of room - what size rear wheel is that? I'm running an 18.
21X2.15 front and back Sir. I'm mounting the tire this week, but it should be fine, umm according to my tape measure lol. what size tire are you going to use on your 18? The pipes are curved drags from grodon scott ---> http://www.xs650exhaust.com/ As for the seat I think in going to use an air ride, while ugly I think it will help as i fractured my back at some point in the army. so I think it will ride high over the back wheel. Do you have a build thread on do the ton? I cruised around a bit to try and find one, however I must have gotten distracted by talking animal videos on YouTube because I do not remember finding it. Talking dogs and or robots, or talking dog robots get me every time. :laugh: This project has convinced me its time to learn to weld.

Oh yeah, what are you doing for a tank? The DNA springer dose not play nice with my tank, looking to have an under-slung tank fabricated.

Work of art man! Work of art!

How's the tracking on your springer? Looks like you may not have too much "chopper flop"!??

Looking great! I'm still working on clearing room in my 'shop' to start on my MK4. That and I'm patiently waiting for David to find time to make me a springer front end ;) wink wink nudge nudge.

Back