Waiting is so hard!

tbone1980

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Anyone just sitting there waiting for a part or parts to come in today? I am anxiously waiting for USPS to drop off my EX500 carbs. I had the jets and needles delivered yesterday. I feel like a kid watching the clock on the last day of school.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 144
I'm waiting for some sprocket bolts to come into Fastenal but its a lot more exciting when Im waiting on the big brown truck.

I use to work for UPS and I remember how happy people would get once their package was delivered. I just hope these EX500 carbs work as well as everyone else has said they do!

I used to work for UPS too......I hope they dont leave you carbs out in the rain like they made us do with 28 full size boxes of new shoes for foot locker that wouldnt fit in the truck.....ruined most all of them.....Wasnt UPS's fault though. They shouldn't have gotten so wet....

fingers crossed on your parts.....

UPS is my last resort, and only when shipping things that are already broken and over insured.

They also broke a $25,000 retinal camera that was insurred for $50,000. Almost had to sue them for that one. After advising them that I really didnt care, but the VERY RICH surgeon who owned the equipment had informed me that he had very good lawyers and would happily drag UPS throught the shitter publicly,,,,they decided $12,000 to fix it was better than $50,000 to replace it plus the lawsuit.

Fingers crossed....

Hah! I worked at FedEx Ground through college. Guess its better if you don't know what goes on.

:thumbsup:

If people only knew...... I never worked for FedEX, but I can say they have to be better than UPS......We did some pretty shitty shit to peoples important stuff.

That all-mighty dollar wins every time.

All I know is if you make candy or tobacco products don't put anything on the outside of your package that gives that away. But really, if we were pushing 200k+ packages in a 4 hour shift it really was a pretty small percentage that got destroyed or went missing. There is also a real difference if you mark a package fragile it road around at ground level on a conveyer rather than all the trays and slides and extra hands.

Im sure the percentage was pretty low vs. volume.... same for ups im sure.... I Didnt see a problem with stuff going missing, that im aware of,... but stuff getting broken......that was in the job description....get it on the truck and let them file the claim.....Company policy.

I always wondered if FedEx was better or not... I can tell you this,....After I left UPS, it was YEARS before I shipped with them again.

Once, I ordered some tools...bristle splines...overnight from FedEx because I HAD to get the job done on a Saturday....HAD to.......The FedEx plane crashed.......I didnt get the job done and the Dr. wasnt happy. But I had a good excuse.

http://www.aero-news.net/getmorefromann.cfm?do=main.textpost&id=dd4a3e69-80b1-4c56-82c2-d02073a84641

Things didn't go missing out the door because we all got patted down and went through a metal detector but things got consumed while still on site.

Back