wall of death

- short wheel base bike is good, harder suspension but the biggest problem is oil supply
- will come back to this...gotta go, racing club stammtisch xmas party...enjoy

- i wasnt so into tuning back then, riding was my thing...i know a lot of the old guys took their secrets to the grave...but what little i do know is...

- next to ensuring a continuous oil supply at near horizontal operation one of the biggest problems was structural-these bikes, and riders, experience something like 3.5 g's - you have to be very careful about frame and front end cracking

- fuel tanks needed to be rebuilt with baffles to prevent fuel sloshing-balance-and leakproofed

- engines neede to be tuned for quick response at low speed and geared similar to hillclimbers

- the real secret was in balancing the bike - they need to hold a true line and have a low centre of gravity

- the classic waller was an indian 101 although i reckon a crocker would be pretty damned good

- damn my head is spinning, was a good xmas do - glad it stopped snowing before i had to come home - i think im even starting to feel my body

- mostly indian 101

2wallbiks.jpg

P1018732.jpg

js65.jpg

IMG_2635.jpg

lafrance.jpg

Back