Wannabe Cafe Build - '81 XS650 Special

sorry about taking so long for this but here's a pic of the kick starter.

D-6B8B-4040-8B5D-4801F990EA97-883-00000146CC624ED6.jpg

E-7CEB-47DF-95BF-12DE86EA13BB-883-00000146D2E94859.jpg

I've been day driving it this week. I love how easy it is to start now on those 20* mornings. Hate how my hands feel after my commute though :eek:

So daily riding the bike has revealed a few problems. The biggest one being that the rear tire contacts my tail light when jumping speed bumps :doh: So I need to be on the lookout for something more low profile since I kinda smashed this one.

Also my rearsets are a little too high, no biggie, I'll just make some new mounts.

And finally the seat foam is way too soft so you sink through to the metal pan underneath. That'll maybe get fixed some day haha.

I still need to tidy up the wiring and do some final painting but Im going to call it good for a while since school is starting back up and I now have a reliable bike to use for that.

I finally went out and took some decent pictures of it today as well.

IMG_3791FW_zps19378ccf.jpg

IMG_3792FW_zps68e4ca3d.jpg

IMG_3793FW_zps2a37c64c.jpg

IMG_3794FW_zps1df17520.jpg

IMG_3795FW_zps90913bd3.jpg

IMG_3796FW_zps1cc71e43.jpg

IMG_37962FW_zps85be28d5.jpg

IMG_3797FW_zpsca5964f1.jpg

IMG_37972FW_zps6c2ce6e2.jpg

IMG_3798FW_zps4197146b.jpg

IMG_37982FW_zps8e6d1fe7.jpg

great looking bike Steve but I think you need to take a few more pictures lol:D

Just kidding... yours are some of the most artistic and well presented images I've seen on here lately, well done.

great looking bike Steve but I think you need to take a few more pictures lol:D

Just kidding... yours are some of the most artistic and well presented images I've seen on here lately, well done.

haha thanks! I had to make up for those horrible iphone pics I was posting before. Photography is another hobby of mine.

Thank you, I'm glad the exhaust turned out good, I'm thinking about throwing some titanium heat wrap on the pipes to hide that mess where the twin wall pipe stops.

Sad news, bike is for sale. It was an awesome daily driver and is still running strong. Sad to see it go but I need the money.:(

Dam shame you have to let it go. Needing money is something most of us understand. I slapped down all the money I had to buy my bike. If I had money I would buy your bike in a heartbeat. Money comes and money goes but the good times in life are always remembered. So no matter what your money needs be a new project or life in general. You will always remember the fun of the build and the joy of the ride. Hope you get a good price for It. Enjoyed the build. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Dam shame you have to let it go. Needing money is something most of us understand. I slapped down all the money I had to buy my bike. If I had money I would buy your bike in a heartbeat. Money comes and money goes but the good times in life are always remembered. So no matter what your money needs be a new project or life in general. You will always remember the fun of the build and the joy of the ride. Hope you get a good price for It. Enjoyed the build. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

thanks man, Yeah I learned a lot and had fun with it. I'll get another one some day and do it all over again.

Back