Wanted - 1969 Mini Pick-Up

cheftay

Keepin' it real
Reaction score
SnowMini_91_700p-1.jpg

Please find me one!

British? 1969? If you want a little rusty truck, get a Chevy LUV.

well it doesn't have to be a 1969, that's just what the one in the picture is.

i do not know very much about them, what do you mean by british?

I thought its name was "Mini" like the Morris Mini car, that the current Minicooper is roughly based on. That was British. And it has that look.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini

Old little (tiny) British cars got popular in the U.S. around '80. I had a '69 MGB around '80, myself. All those cars were rust buckets! They would just plain rot, like the bottom of a bucket. Something about the British metal just didn't cut it. And hoo boy the Lucas electronics in them. Spoked wheels held on by a big nut in the center that you used a hammer on. I think they all used SAE tools at least, not Whitworth. That was the first car I ever worked on. Anyway, the truck looks British and you called it a "mini". :)

Oh i gotcha and yessir it is a mini cooper pick up, I just forgot to put in the "cooper" I would love to find a body in perfect condition and put a new motor in it and restore everything else, but they are hard to come by in kansas i believe

Yeah tiny is very cool. A buddy of mine just finished putting a new motor in a 71 chevy half-ton pickup. Still a very tiny truck but it's in almost perfect condition.

Thanks for those links, i'll see what comes up!

- i used to have one of those mini pickups when i was a teenager...lotsa fun but no back seat :wink2:... we even chopped and channelled a cooper s, put a tunnel in it and using a minor gearbox turned it into rwd :laugh:...i have a 55 studebaker pickup today with a 350 chevy in it-i luv this wagon but the mini pickup was more fun per lb

Back