Warehouse find, Honda dream 150s

Sonnylynnvick75

XS650 Young Gun
Reaction score
A good friend of mine whos family owns the local Arctic Cat shop called me Saturday and asked me to come help him with a Coke cooler at the shop. I went up there, milled around for a little bit, worked on the machine when he said he had an offer for me. We went into the warehouse into a small room where he took me to a couple honda dream 150s he had shoved in the corner. One white, one red, they were in decently rough shape but everything was there and it looks like a running bike could be had with a little elbow grease and a few parts. He told me he had bought them with hopes of building a bike but never had time so he only wanted what he had in them. Long story short, I bought 2 complete Honda Dream 150 rolling chassi's, no idea on year, and a Honda dream 150 engine for a grand total of $150. I'll pick them up sometime this week and will post pictures soon.

ive gotta 66 dream 305 its slow pig but rear classy. I need a left side battery cover for mine if you wanna part with one of em let me know via pm.

Welp picutres were taken yesterday. I just need a little help from you guys since I have no clue about these things.

1) who knows what year this is lol? The seller doesn't know and I have no idea.
2) where can I find the VIN number on them? No its not on the downtube.
and finally pictures:

IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

My plans are to take the good wheels, seat, tank covers, and headlight off the white one and swap onto the red one. The red one has better paint and believe it or not 99% of that bike will clean up with some spit and a shop rag so I think I can combine the two into a halfway decent bike.:thumbsup::bike:

thanks gary and Carbon! I used to think these bikes were the ugliest things ever built then I bought my xs, built the cafe and all of a sudden I think they're awesome. 1 running bike and then I can probably sell the other one for the money I put in them.

Awesome. I have that exact same pw80 setting in my basement except mine has a pink seat cover on it because that is what the shop had when dad bought it for me in 1990. Haha.

Haha that awesome, That one is in the warehouse. Apparently it needed a top end but the dude couldnt afford it so he left it there. Now after all this time theres no way he can afford the storage fees.

I'm in the 'middle' of restoring my C95 (Canadian version of the CA95 which is likely what you have there).

Been working on it on/off for a few years. Just ordered new rims and spokes from Thailand for it as restoring the flaking chrome on the originals is too expensive. Mine is going to live indoors for the foreseeable future as I have too many other bikes on the road right now. So it's all pretty and new but I have completely rebuilt the engine with +0.25 pistons / rings etc.

DSC06664.jpg

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=7682.0

Tim, that is beautiful! Where do you order parts from just here and there on ebay? I was hoping for a smilar Mikes Dream.com or dreamcentral.com lol but no luck

Almost all the repro parts come out of Thailand via eBay. They tend to be decent quality, but I'm not putting any internal/critical parts on from there.

Rubber bits, exhaust, the solo seat and now the rims/spokes are what I've sourced from Thailand. For engine parts like pistons/rings you want to try and get Japanese parts if you can.

I only bought the rims and spokes after getting some decent feedback on them from other sites and frankly the only alternatives were 2-3x the price. Given it's going to be a display piece, I wasn't concerned with getting Buchanan spokes etc. for it like I do for all my other bikes.

The petcock is a pain in the ass if it's not in working order. You can get rebuild kits for them but there are some fiddly bits in there.

Between 2 bikes you should be in OK shape. My wiring harness, switch gear and other important things were all in good condition once I cleaned them up. My bike was red originally, but I wanted it white.

looked them over yesterday and everything seems to be there. I went into my pockets super deep with my xs build so this thing will be an on the cheap deal, Nothing showroom worthy but something that at least runs. From what I can tell I'm mainly just missing a battery. A simple body parts swap and an engine clean up/ lubrication and I should be good to go. I'm sure eventually I'll have all the body parts and frame powdercoated but that will be a ways off.

Back