Warning on Aliexpress.

toglhot

First class butcher.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I ordered two black, tapered mufflers from a seller on Aliexpress. What I received was one chrome, tapered muffler. Despite lodging complaints with both the seller and Aliexpress I've heard nothing as of today. I checked my order details and the order was clear. How on earth can anyone get an order so wrong? Apparently the money is not released to the seller until I mark it as received, but as I have not received what I ordered I cannot mark it as received and Aliexpress therefore will not take any action. I've sent multiple messages to both seller and Aliexpress, so hopefully I will get a refund eventually. A warning on the muffler: These type mufflers are available from a number of sellers on ebay, AliExpress and some bike shops, however, It is hardly a muffler: It has one V shaped protuberance halfway along the inside of the muffler, this leads into the body of the muffler but there is no outlet.

Weird that you had problems getting your order resolved. I've had a handful of orders from Ali screwed up. I used the dispute procedure on the "my orders" page. Never had the slightest problem getting things resolved to my satisfaction. In some cases asked for and got a partial refund when the wrong quantity was sent. In other cases got refunded and was allowed to keep incorrect items sent. I am happy with and continue to use Ali Express.

I've never had any problems before, other than orders taking forever to arrive, funnily enough, this order only took 12 days to arrive. But the mufflers are useless.
I also use Banggood, they are quite good and postage is quick.

From Wikipedia.

AliExpress is an online retail service based in China and owned by the Alibaba Group. Launched in 2010, it is made up of small businesses in China and other locations, such as Singapore, that offer products to international online buyers. It is the most visited e-commerce website in Russia and was the 10th most popular website in Brazil. It facilitates small businesses to sell to customers all over the world.

Sounds about right for people from this country. Their religion is money and dishonesty built in. I have had trouble before with sellers on ebay. Funnily enough, these sellers were all of the same nationality.

a lot of sellers there are fairly good and honest but like ebay you have to be careful as the dishonest ones know all the tricks .. eg .. will send you another item / will gike you partial discount .. all to get you to push that dispute resolved button .. after which your stuffed and never hear from them again

Lots of unscrupulous sellers around, all like to offer you a partial refund and you can keep the item.
I recently had another who insisted I return the item before they'd issue a refund. Item cost $25, postage back to China was $18, but I posted it back anyway, $7 is $7. Interestingly, they had two addresses, one was the address where the item came from, the other, presumably a fictitious address to where they insisted I return the item. They denied receiving the item and so refused to issue a refund. So the useless item I received ended up costing me $43. Lesson learnt, never trust the Chinese seller!

Had similar problems with a vender from India via FleaBay. In that case feeBay provided no help.... Item was not (even close to) what was advertised. Return shipping higher than item cost. I've had other items from India that were fine. Getting reproduction British bike parts from India is a thing.

Lots of unscrupulous sellers around, all like to offer you a partial refund and you can keep the item.
I recently had another who insisted I return the item before they'd issue a refund. Item cost $25, postage back to China was $18, but I posted it back anyway, $7 is $7. Interestingly, they had two addresses, one was the address where the item came from, the other, presumably a fictitious address to where they insisted I return the item. They denied receiving the item and so refused to issue a refund. So the useless item I received ended up costing me $43. Lesson learnt, never trust the Chinese seller!

Would be a day maker if the sellers were Aussies living in china.

Had similar problems with a vender from India via FleaBay. In that case feeBay provided no help.... Item was not (even close to) what was advertised. Return shipping higher than item cost. I've had other items from India that were fine. Getting reproduction British bike parts from India is a thing.
have got a lot of bike parts from india with not probs except for virus probs , one seller even went as far as express courier at their cost due to the postal system there was stalled for weeks ,if your after common use repo british parts india is a must for price though wasnt happy with quality of a couple of bits.. but other bits were wow

Back