Wassel P-Nut tank

jramp

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, thinkin bout makin the lowbrow purchase of the wassel style p-nut tank. wondering if any yall had one and some pictures so I could see how she looks...Thanks ! :bike:

Hey!

Unless you plan on doing some modifications, it wont fit.
I ordered a tank from lowbrow, they sent the p-nut by mistake. (they were really cool about it and set things straight right away, nothing but good things to say about them)

You would have to make a new upper engine mount for it to slide over, unless you run without, and it still would touch the top of the motor. I would order the diy tank instead and make it work if you want that look.

cheers

Is this the tank you're referring to?

full

If so, isigt is correct. It will take a little bit of fabrication. I made a set of upper mounts, but (from what I'm told) are optional. You can also spread the tunnel pretty easy on a vise to get 1/4-1/2" more width.

If you like the deep tunnel Wassell look, it's a great tank.

Rich

The lowbrow peanut is awesome. Much better than the detroit bros instigator. I also had an original wassell and the lowbrow beats them all. It doesn't hit the motor when sitting on the backbone but its close. You will have to remove or fab up new top motor mounts though. Removal is the route we went with.

Petcocks are cheap at Lowbrow and dime city cycle. Gas cap from lowbrow.

Tampasvt, are you running a PMA? What is the smaller box where your battery would usually be?

PMA for sure.

That would be the enclosure for the Lithium battery, fuse block, starter solenoid and 4-channel remote control. Remote is for ignition, lights and starter.

full

Rich

i bought one from lowbrow the other day. i sent it back because it would not work the the stock motor mounts. my question is after reading a little bit in this thread, Do you need the upper motor mounts? i really like the deep tunnel of that tank. i have the 2.1 gallon alien tank on my bike now. looks good but i think the tunnel could be a little deeper for better look. thats just me.

i bought one from lowbrow the other day. i sent it back because it would not work the the stock motor mounts. my question is after reading a little bit in this thread, Do you need the upper motor mounts? i really like the deep tunnel of that tank. i have the 2.1 gallon alien tank on my bike now. looks good but i think the tunnel could be a little deeper for better look. thats just me.

I'm a newbie but from what I have read here the upper mount is not a necessity.

PMA for sure.

That would be the enclosure for the Lithium battery, fuse block, starter solenoid and 4-channel remote control. Remote is for ignition, lights and starter.

full

Rich

I think I read your thread about how you put this thing together. I need to go back and look at that again. Pretty cool.

Is there a link for that build I think I might be going PMA this year. I also just picked up a Hap Jones wassel that I think I am going to use I love the looks of the deep tunnel.

Back