Waste of a day.

toglhot

First class butcher.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I have PMA on my TX650, comprised of an XV stator and a Banshee rotor. Today I had to remove the rotor: undid the nut, pulled and tapped and cajoled the thing, nup it wouldn't budge, so, I decided to make a puller. Measured the thread 27mm x 1.00 and then on to the lathe and spun up a thread on piece of stock . Nup the thread just wouldn't engage in the rotor thread. Back on the lather and cut the thread a little deeper, nup, back on the lathe again and cut the thread a little deeper and the damn thing just pushed through the rotor thread- too small. So, I cut another thread on a another piece of stock, nup same thing. So I cut another thread on another piece of stock, nup, nothing doing, just could get the thread to engage. Then I had a light bulb moment and inspected the thread in the rotor - left hand thread, arrrrgh!

So here's the puller, works like a charm. But what of the bar sticking out the side? Well, when you turn the the bolt clockwise to pull the rotor off, the puller, having a left hand thread to suit the rotor, undoes and comes out of the rotor.. I could say stupid Chinese mentality, but this is Japanese, WTF???

Attachments

• WIN_20230622_15_10_16_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20230622_15_10_16_Pro.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 34
Back