Wavey discs

wiganmatt

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Evening all...

Does anyone know where i can buy a wavey disc for the front of my brat tracker build please??? I'd like something different from the standard disc.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_3377.JPG

As to buying a wavey disc that's a genuine replacement or the standard XS disc, highly unlikely. But there is probably a suitable disc listed for a different model that would fit, which means you'll have to resort to trawling through parts lists that show the offset, diameter and bolt PCD. Or, of course, you could get the standard disc machined!

After some searching found a new "replacement" rotor
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Brak...ash=item33cb1f6068:g:A3wAAOSw4A5Y1jFN&vxp=mtr
this matches the XS650 dimensions EXCEPT offset and rotor thickness.
These are "close to plug and play" you need to use a spacer, IMHO a rotor spacer is a far superior to spacing the caliper in.. there's a slightly possible issue with the piston extension when pads are worn out. I've run these used "stock" rotors with spacers on XS650s .

DSCN0479.JPG DSCN0482.JPG brake rotors spacer poa 013.JPG DSCN8243.JPG

Last edited:
For reference front rear rotor dimensions. The XS650 and other late 70's early 80's Yamahas have a deep rotor offset (12mm) Nearly every rotor that matches these dimensions will need a spacer to match up to the XS650 caliper mounting. I have used the 300mm rotors and had room for it in the caliper. Also did some piston extension checking and the thin rotors allow the piston to get pretty far out of the caliper. I wouldn't run pads to metal. Do replacements with say 1/3 pad depth remaining?

rotor with dimensions.jpg

Last edited:
gggGary, did you use a stock rotor from one of the bikes that those ebay rotors fit? That seems like a great solution rather than the Chinese versions.
I swapped in a used XS11000 front disc on my 650 but it is almost as heavy as a stock rotor.
Front rotor.JPG

Shhhh! yupper, wink. Caveat; Lot of those "used" disks are used up.
gggGary, did you use a stock rotor from one of the bikes that those ebay rotors fit? That seems like a great solution rather than the Chinese versions.
I swapped in a used XS11000 front disc on my 650 but it is almost as heavy as a stock rotor.
View attachment 114708

Back