We Have Arrived

moomana

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
And hello! We've had this old '81 650 for pretty close to 30 years now. It was always sound mechanically, and I had close to 200,000 miles on it. Drove it all over San Diego for years, then up in Seattle and all over Eastern Washington. Then we shipped it over to Hawaii and drove it until it developed an electrical problem. I took it to the local aftermarket shop, and they tried jury-rigging it, but it just never worked. So basically, we just parked it and have had it in tow through a few moves here in Hawaii. I'm really glad I never dumped it. Now we're really hyped about restoring it in a street tracker / British style. So yeah, but we still need to overcome this wiring situation. We're really hoping we can find that help here. We just got done doing a complete restoration on a '98 Harley Road King, which basically cost us an arm and a leg. It's a very cool road bike, but the thing weighs a ton! Now we're ready to go back to a lighter around the town bike. We're big on posting pictures, and we have a complete shop - so hopefully we can move this restoration along. We just bought a 1959 Triumph TR5 fuel tank for the project, and we plan on making our own seat - hopefully???? OK - that's a bit of an introduction for us, so we'll be moving on to the electrical system and try and figure out how we're going to wire this. We're anxious to kick it over. So we're open to any electrical system advice: What kind of coil? Battery? Should we change to this Pamco iginition system from Mikes XS? We've looked at some of the wiring schematics on this site. Are these definitive, or are there other suggestions? We want to keep the electrical system really bare bones. . . Game On. . .

Attachments

• IMG_3981.JPG
    IMG_3981.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3982.JPG
    IMG_3982.JPG
    202.9 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_3983.JPG
    IMG_3983.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_3985.JPG
    IMG_3985.JPG