welding on frame with pma installed???

ClOckwOrk

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i have about 700$ in a complete new electrical system and it works great. I have no battery with sparx cap. Can i weld with my pma installed or should I pull it? Don't wanna risk frying anything! Thanks for any input :)

Posted via Mobile

CLOckwork,

Not so much the PMA itself, but anything electronic, like the PMA regulator and the ignition, if it is electronic. But, the question is kinda like asking "Do I have to take my sock off before I get in the shower?" Well, no...you don't have to....:D..but I would...I would also remove my PMA before welding....:thumbsup:

CLOckwork,

Not so much the PMA itself, but anything electronic, like the PMA regulator and the ignition, if it is electronic. But, the question is kinda like asking "Do I have to take my sock off before I get in the shower?" Well, no...you don't have to....:D..but I would...I would also remove my PMA before welding....:thumbsup:

I agree with Pete... Take your socks off dude :laugh:

If you disconnect the Capacitor and the Regulator from the system 100%, you should be fine. Disconnect the regulator from the Stator as well....

I will remove it thanks guys. And no I went back to a single point setup after my pamco fried when the pma reg went bad.

Posted via Mobile

Back