1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Well, that's frustrating...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DB90, Aug 14, 2019 at 12:11 PM.

1. DB90

DB90 XS650 Enthusiast

Took my rims and brand new wheels (White Wall Shinko 777's) into a local bike shop about 2 weeks ago to get mounted and balanced. Got em home, slapped em on the bike and went cruisin!

I put about 100 miles on em and then my carbs starting acting up a bit, so I couldn't ride for a few days. Got the carbs sorted out (for the most part) and went to take the bike for a test ride.

Just kidding!:lmao:

Front tire was flat and the bead had unseated itself. Ok... So I put a little soapy water on 'er, reset the bead and air was pouring out from around the valve stem! :mad:

Looks like I need to get a new tube and wait even longer for that next ride!:cautious::cautious:

MaxPete and gggGary like this.
  2. Superjet

Superjet XS650 Junkie Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

It is frustrating at times, but the wait always pays off with fun times on an XS!

MaxPete, gggGary, DB90 and 1 other person like this.
  3. DB90

DB90 XS650 Enthusiast

Absolutely!

I called the shop and they're going to get me in and out tomorrow morning.:bike:

MaxPete, nhsteve, gggGary and 2 others like this.
  4. nhsteve

nhsteve XS650 Enthusiast

DB- it may just be my misunderstanding from what you wrote, but I believe that shop owes you a tube??

DB90, gggGary and MaxPete like this.
  5. DB90

DB90 XS650 Enthusiast

Yep, they do and they are honoring that! :thumbsup: