What all am I missing here?

Chito

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
A while back I realized I just wanted to ride, so I decided to have the shop rebuild my motor to save time. Well... that was about a year and a half ago when I dropped it off, but I got it back last week and I'm moving forward. The guys told me, upon picking it up, that I was missing parts. I've been looking through the manual (which I bought from the internet and, although the ISBN number is the same, it says it's only for 70-79)... so I only 1/2 trust it... and... well, I just want to make sure I get it right.

I was thinking it may be worth it just to buy a whole Electronic Ignition Kit... I see Pamco has one. Thought - thumbs up or down? Any other options?

Attachments

• Missing 1.JPG
    Missing 1.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Missing 2.JPG
    Missing 2.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 62
Go with the complete PAMCO kit, advance assembly, ignition unit, coils and wires. You won't regret it.

A while back I realized I just wanted to ride, so I decided to have the shop rebuild my motor to save time. Well... that was about a year and a half ago when I dropped it off, but I got it back last week and I'm moving forward. The guys told me, upon picking it up, that I was missing parts. I've been looking through the manual (which I bought from the internet and, although the ISBN number is the same, it says it's only for 70-79)... so I only 1/2 trust it... and... well, I just want to make sure I get it right.

I was thinking it may be worth it just to buy a whole Electronic Ignition Kit... I see Pamco has one. Thought - thumbs up or down? Any other options?

'81s already have electronic ignition so there shouldn't be anything under those covers.

WTF, they had your engine for a year and they still didn't know enough about 650's, to know your model dosen't have points. If it were me, I would never go there again....

Back