what are some good carbs ?

slackjaw44

greasy summmbitch
Reaction score
I have the stock ones but not the adapter that goes with it. Any advice on a carb setup

If your talking about the rubber parts that holds the carbs on get some from JBM Enterprises. I thouht I had the address wrote down. I sure some one has it.

Do not buy Mike's XS Holders. They will fail swiftly.

Be sure to know if you have earlier or later carbs and if you want to run vacuum lines before you order from JBM.

I have the stock ones but not the adapter that goes with it. Any advice on a carb setup
All the OEM carbs are good. Only problem is dirt or damaged internals components. I've worked with Mikuni's, Keihn, Dell Orto, Hitachi none better than the other unless there is a special racing application involved. Although Hitachi's are my least favorite

what iz Lectrons....?
All carbs can be made to run fine, it just takes tuning( I know, Iknow, theres alot more to it than that) but still, as long as you have a complete carb that hasn't been run over by a car, it can be made to work.
After building my bike with 34's, then working on a friends bike with early 38's, Ide rather the 34's just cuz the 34's are easier to sync. those 38's with the dual throttle cables gave me fitz.

Lectrons are the difference between "Running Just Fine" and "Running Like a Raped Ape!"

They are a Flat Slide Carburator, for serious performance machines. Very tuneable, can add powerjets, and have very strong throttle response. I'm running dual 34MM High Velocity Lectrons on my personal ride. Compared to any other carbs, they are night and day in performance. The XR750 Harley's always ran Lectrons on the race bikes, as do many other racing teams.

As a note, you CANNOT run filters on these carbs, they just pull too much air, and filters make them run so rich you can't stand it. For comparison, the intake bell (also a built in velocity stack) is 70MM OD for a 34MM Carb. A stock XS carb has a 54MM bell..

Back