What are you hardtailed guys running for mid-mounted pegs?

icant3dmodel

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I love the community feel here, as well as the seemingly never-ending help.

I've been building my bobber/chopper/whowantstolablethingsanyways for while, and have been lurking gathering bits of info here and there.

Anyways, there are mid-mount pegs available for (I assume) new generations that have mounts on the lower rails.

http://www.monstercraftsman.com/xs650-foot-pegs-mid-stance/

The '73 that I hacked apart does not have those holes/bracket, only the lower engine mount. Originally they mounted on the side with two studs that stuck out. Are they just making and welding that bracket on?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

This is an '81 frame. See the exhaust brackets just behind the bottom motor mounts? That's what people are using and yes they are original. Would not be hard to fab a set tho...

9C79-61B713357BB6-555-000000A72A5E7437_zps2f8ebf33.jpg

Yea, That's what I am talking about. Early model's (at least 73's) do not have those brackets. I suppose it would be easy to fab something up out of square stock. Not necessarily looking to add to my fab list at the moment :laugh:

I used a 2" inch piece of thick 1x1 tubing that already has holes drilled in it that I found at lowes. I cut one side off and tack welded two nuts on the inside and welded it to my frame. there's an article on xs650 on how to make mid controls out of your stock ones worked great, cheap and looks good!:thumbsup:

Hello everybody.
I'm new to this forum and I'm starting my first bike build! Yay! Just picked up my 1973 xs today and started to strip it down. I've been doing some research and I'm going to use the tc bros hardtail all straight forward I hope. Now for the mid mount foot pegs I've seen I wanted to use the monster craftsman nice and simple, until I noticed my frame doesn't seem to have the two bolts for the mounting bracket! My question is what are other people using and is this because it's an early model frame? Are there any differences between the early and later frames? :thumbsup:

Last edited:
DIRTY DOG said:
hay man check out livingdeadmc he sell's then for like 30 bucks a lot eazer than building.
time saved in getting the tubing, nut's, drilling and welding ,cost much more than 30 bucks hope this helps ( the you can put them where you want ) http://www.jumpstreetcustoms.com/

Wow, they are literally in my back yard... how did I not know about them?!:doh:

Thank you Dirty Dog for the info.

Back