What bike has more value XS1,XS1B or XS2

Cpkid

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Don't ask how but I have all three. Which one should hold it's value and be the keeper. I might keep all three. All three are just about stock , but need paint. I'm planning on learning how to paint with what custom paint costs. WTF I can do it ! My brother says the 1970 is the valuable one, but I love the candy orange color. There great bikes .
Regards,
CPKID

I don't know which would be more valuable, but I'd sure like to see pic's of those three together.

tughillrider
[/URL][/IMG]If it ever stops raining I'll post a picture . 71 just needs paint pipes and seat. 70 needs seat and electrical have pipes now. 72 needs seat cover and detailing. They all run now , but 70 was chopped and I found stock forks and now it's almost complete. Kept light ears and light off because I have to paint anyway. Have pics of 70&71 on previous posts. 71 which I thought was beat is actually running great and I'm driving it around. If I can figure out how to duplicate colors eventually they could be sweet. One has to learn patience when restoring an old bike. But with enough parts and time I can fix anything.

Last edited:
Consider that the XS2 was the first to offer disc brake and electric start, definite factors in it's longevity! Value based on rarity is one thing, value based on it's importance in history is another. My vote is the XS2.(Wouldn't turn down a '70 or '71 though...)

I'd would think either of the XS1's due to their 4- 3 bolt valve covers. Makes them rarer. Then again, what do I know....:shrug:

XS1, because of they were the first XS and only a handfull were made, have to be origional. A club member here in Aus picked up one in a crate about 10 years ago, never rides it but it goes and he was offered around $25,000.00Scroll down the page.

If in real good condition you could sell it overseas with no problem. Your prices in the States are a lot lower than Europe or Aus.

Yea would love to see some pics

Wow!!!!!Geoff is the man! XS1 does seem rare. Here's a pic of mine. It's complete but colors bad. Previous owner painted it John Deere Green. It's a little rough right now. I'm getting it complete and in good running condition. Then this winter I'm thinking about stripping it and doing a complete restoration.
th_003b3470.jpg
"]http://
th_003b3470.jpg
[/URL]

you can't go wrong with that XS1, Looks good.

XS-1 69-70 256 S650- 000101
XS-1B 70-71 256 S650- 007101

The XS1B's serial no started at 00701 so there was no more than 7000 XS1's made and that would be world wide

HTML:
I'd would think either of the XS1's due to their 4- 3 bolt valve covers. Makes them rarer.

I'm with azman. Had a chopperized one earlier this summer, then sold it. Kicking myself abit.

No telling the future but the safe bet is always the first year model for value. completeness, most original, best condition all factor in and the earilier in the first year the better. I passed on vin #3 on a first year KZ1300 a few years ago and shouldn't have. All that said building for resale is never as satisfying as building what you want to ride, that value is beyond $$$$.

Cpkid, that's a very nice array! I'm envious. Oh, and +1 on the XS1. Though I personally lust after the '72s, I agree that the first year would have more value.

Back