what casey can do after retiring..........

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
hi guys well i,ve been thinking about casey ,,,,i think he should ride tt racing ,,,, its only for 2 weeks a year ,,, he could ride 1000cc or 600cc super stock or modified and probably enjoy it ,,,, i notice that a tank of fuel only does 2 laps of the track 150mile,,,, so he would get toooooo look at the scenery as well ,,,then for the rest of the year he could tinker ,,, on his hobbies,,,,, i also see a couple riding sidecars that had an accident ,,the nale rider was 75 and his female passenger was 64 she got a broken leg and a sprained ankle on the opposite foot tooo the broken leg they said they will both be back next year ... regards oldbiker

He's done. I think it's the woman and the baby. After Simoncelli, I'd be thinking twice if I was a racing dad. Granted, it can happen anytime and any place, but bike racing is dangerous. That's why I watch instead of do. My bulletproof days were spent doing what else? Flying around among the bullets in a helicopter!

V8's are a lot safer and still have the thrill, with world travel as well and will only get better when other manufacturers get involved. remember the days when Bathurst had camaro's, jags, Chrysler, Mazda.

Yes Nissan say they will be up and running next year with Tod and Rick Kelly at the helm! Chrysler hopefully will release the new 300c in time, maybe Marcus Ambrose could head the American challenge? :thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

All idle speculation for now. I wouldnt be suprised at all if he just faded into obscurity. Though if he did drive, i bet he'd be safer on the track than Wayne (Captain Chaos) Gardner was when he made the transition from 2 to 4 wheels lol

Posted via Mobile

Not all speculation a lot of interest and he has tested in a V8, HERE. And HERE. Capt'n Chaos LOL, dead set wanker wasn't he, always complaining and blaming others.

Info on the make up of the new V8 rules

I think the politics is getting to him as well. And I think he wants to stay closer to home. We havent heard the last of him after this season.

V8's are a lot safer and still have the thrill, with world travel as well and will only get better when other manufacturers get involved. remember the days when Bathurst had camaro's, jags, Chrysler, Mazda.

hi skull,,,, i do remember bathurst when jags came with big v 12 motors etc... and heaps of spares ,,yep they both siezed motors ,,,brocky was laughing all the way to the finish regards oldbiker

True, the cars are much safer. Any local news down there on "talks" with teams, or is it all speculation at this point?

,,,,hi casey has test driven a 888 race car several times both their drivers recton casey can handle it ,,,,regards oldbiker

hi skull,,,, i do remember bathurst when jags came with big v 12 motors etc... and heaps of spares ,,yep they both siezed motors ,,,brocky was laughing all the way to the finish regards oldbiker

if i remember right one of the Walkinshaw Jags (i think he was on pole position) broke a headlight and a bit of glass went up the air intake, they were fast! another one not mentioned was Tony Longhurst in the B&H Beemer and those bloody Nissan Skylines!
Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
Let him fade away. He could be one of the greats of all time, but won't be because he quit, and wants you to know he quit all season long. A shame, really.

Viva! Jorge. :D

John

Casey has every right to retire from Moto GP. He's done it all, he's won it all. He has nothing to prove. He and wife have a baby on the way, it's the logical thing to do.
Apparently he dosen't like the direction Moto GP is going and he's not alone there.
Some people think the single tire brand, the programmed throttles and this year the addition of the claiming (CRT) bikes are a detriment to the sport.

Can't decide what size engines to have either.

Yea the old 84 635Csi won the touring car championship that year

When you think about the seat of the pants stuff, The year Moffit won in the GTHO, cant remember how many laps he had to do, but he broke the drivers seat mounts and had to hold himself in place with his hands and feet and still drive the circuit. unreal

Back