what is it with a young 20 old kid....

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
hi guys well i must be showing my 60 years,,, my mature aged neighbour next door is a grand mother toooo this 20 or 21 something like that kid...and he thinks with his p....s,,,,he,s got 2 todlers both in nappys and his girl friend is due in a few monthas time ,,they are both heavy smokers... oh yeh,,, he,s put a sub wooffer and 10" speaker in his old dinted statesman ,,, and of course the v6 3.8 motor has a knock in it.. yesterday i gave him back his battery 1/2 charged ../told him it could be on the way out ... yep it went flat again .. because he loves letting everybody in the immediate district listen too bump tee bump ump tee bump ,,what ever it is .. i,ve got a sore spine listerning tooo it oh yeh he,s now got a new battery,,, he also bought a couple of led light that went on the wibdscreen washers.. they are blue... and he,s running baldish tyres........ is it time for me toooo step in front of a road train ? regards oldbiker ... what happened to elvis ..acdc.. or the big O ... little richard... or kiss ... any way thanks guys regards oldbiker......sorry,,, on tuesday my neighbours grandmother bought him a $150 car battery for his statesman,, oh, ye,,, and walking home she had a compact stereo for $330 plus 4 dvd which gave him 20 movies to watch,,which he did yesterday ,,and he spent all day in bed...

Last edited:
There is this "kid" in my neighborhood who is similar to your problem child. He's probably 25, baby in diapers, girlfriend has another kid and she is pregnant.
He's got a front wheel drive Honda Civic with a huge wing on the back (still makes me wonder), exhaust that sounds like a string trimmer and, according to his immediate neighbor, keeps losing his job.
He loves gunning that car 'til the rev limiter kicks in and thumpity-bumps his stereo wherever he goes, including when he gets home at 2:30am almost every night.
I asked his neighbor if he sells drugs or something because he is always buying shit and has no job. He told me that his girlfriend gets unemployment and he gets hand outs from his folks. Then they just blow it on junk.
Absolutely amazes me. I feel extremely bad for their children. They're going to grow up in a shitty home I'm sure.

Youth apparently is the same everywhere on the planet. It does not help when a parent allows their under achieving kid to stay at home when they should be fending for themselves.

Every person's life and lifestyle is infinitely condemnable.

But at the same time, if his stereo is waking you up, hang him from the nearest tree.

I think this is where education or the lack of come into play.

When my parents stopped supporting me at 18ish, I found out real quick that if I wanted nce things that I would have to work HARD for them.

Luckily I never knocked up a girl until I wanted a kid.

I still love a GREAT system and nice cars, thusly my CTSV has a killer system, but it really freaks out the "gangsters" when I roll the window down and it is Merle Haggard or Drowning pool and it basses harder than 2pac.

I try and respect the neighborhoods, except the neighbors that blast their clown music.

Some people's kids.....

Those are the kids I tell my kids "My biggist nighmear is that you turn over out like that. He's not cool, he's an idiot. Anyone who has such little respect for others has not respect for himself."

Posted via Mobile

There is a current generation of males and females that if not for their parents or grand parents would be homeless. These people are just fine with being fully supported by there elders- in fact their "Its all about me" lifestyle of partying, making babies and not having car insurance is fully indulged in due to no living expenses. My employer finally fired a 26 year old man whom was lazy. He lives with his grandparents, plays video games all the time and smokes a ton of pot. After he was fired he told me he will have a hard time getting another job until he is able to pass a drug screen. (He weighs 300lbs too)

I'm happy if I can just get them to pull their damn pants up.

I have a raft of grandkids (10 at last count, my older daughter keeps adopting strays) and my younger daughter has two boys, 13 and 20. The 20 year old was in that same mindset: $100 truck with a $1000 stereo, minimum wage job and pants around his thighs.

After a couple of years of this and no changes in sight, he got tired of it (and probably tired of me ragging on him) and decided to join the Marine Corps. We went down to his boot camp graduation and I don't mind telling you, my glasses misted up seeing him standing there, tall, straight and proud.

It didn't hurt that the first thing he said to his little brother (who worships him...) was "Square that cover away, boy, ya look like an idiot!"

I grew up on a farm. I had no choice but to work. I loved it. Ya it was a pain as a little kid, but I started driving when I was 10. Just around the farm but still driving. Bragging rights at school. I grew up in the Nintendo age too. I never had one, I wanted to be outside too much. Let me see, KX80 on a 120 acre farm or Mario brothers on a tv? Think I'll choice the Kawasaki.
I joined the Marine Corps at 19. Best thing I ever did. The look on my parents faces when I walked across the grinder towards them at Parris Island, I will never forget. My brother, who is 4 years my senior, was picking his teeth. I think I said something about being a nasty civilian and get your dick picker out of your cock holster. Something along those lines.
I have, at least, 2-3 people come into my shop a week asking if I am hiring. I just look at them and ask if they seriously think I would hire them dressed like that? Hands in the pockets, torn clothes, knit cap pulled over their blacked out, long bangs, talking to me while looking at the ground or my all time hatred, being interrupted by them playing on that damn phone!!!!!!! Ugh. And one of our rules at work is no playing on the phones. If you need to make a call, fine, but not constant texting. I tell them this and it is mind numbing that they always choose the phone over a paycheck. We hired 2 young guys and they were fired in less then a week. One was on the phone all the time 'cuz he was in love and the other brought his friends into work and let then hang out. Did they think our loyal customers wouldn't tell me? I had to play the security cameras for the one because he said he wasn't on the phone. He didn't even realize we had cameras. Probably 'cuz his neck was permenantly bent over from playing on that damn phone all day. His mommy came in and bitched that I was being unfair. I said I would hire him back, but no phone in the store at all. He never showed back up. I called his mommy to find out why and she said he didn't like working there. Another reject we get to pay for. This is a part-time job I have at a tackle shop and I take it very seriously.

Last edited:
I had a neighbor who fits the description, but after I went across the street and met him he eventually turned out to be one of the best-hearted and dependable guys I knew. And - I'm sure he actually was selling drugs. But you gotta do what you gotta do - he was not rocket scientist material.

Some folks say you will regret it if you never have kids but with the current crop and the problems I have seen them cause some of my coworkers who have them I may be just as well off. Ever see the movie Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood. Maybe I'm just getting old but there seems like there are a lot of thugs these days and how can anyone even listen to that music. I'll take George Jones any day.
jefft

So this is what old people sit around and talk about eh? Haha jk :laugh:

Well I'm only 21, but I guess I can pipe up my opinions too. :D

I think most "kids" in discussion here are either spoiled or plain stupid. The spoiled ones have always had everything handed to them so they see no reason to try. Some people on welfare are just grown-up versions of these kids. Other 20-somethings are plain stupid.

My older brother seems to fall into the latter category. Knocked up one girl before graduation (she had abortion), he moved out immediately after graduation to work for and live with a pot-head dumber than him, knocked up another girl about a year after that (baby girl), they struggled to make ends meet cause of their own stupidity (and were on welfare), broke up, he got MARRIED to another chick (ugly), didn't stay together 6 months, finally my bro joined the Navy like he always wanted, has since knocked up another girl...and says he's gonna get married soon...yeah right.....so military doesn't fix everybody. Keep in mind he's less than 2 years older than me :laugh:

I do still live at home; however, I have been attending college and I work from home (anxiety disorder makes it very difficult to get job). I contribute to the household so I'm not sponging or anything. Plus, my parents have just entered a divorce and my mom seems like she needs support (dad moved out). I've been wanting to move out for quite awhile but am trying to save up money so I'm not living like some of the individuals y'all have mentioned. I've got one degree and am working towards another. I've accomplished more than some people twice my age, but there's always room for improvement. I have 1 credit card with above-average rating, thousands in the bank, and absolutely no debt. Paid for my own college, never on welfare, never given a hand-out in my life. One time my parents loaned me money to repair my car after a major accident....but I paid back every penny. So as far as stability goes, I'm probably in a better position than most young people.

Of course then again, I've never had a girlfriend, so maybe that is the killer factor :shrug: I also don't buy things to impress people. I try to stick with needs and always ask myself, "Do I absolutely need this right now, or can I wait until it's cheaper?"

P.S. I like loads of 80s bands (Whitesnake, Van Halen, etc) but don't take away my modern techno and alternative :thumbsup:

Splexin,
I agree. The military won't "fix" everyone. Honestly I don't think it's their job to fix anybody. And living at home, working, going to school, whatever, I have no problem with. Contributing to the household is important. I just can't believe these people who sponge (good word) and do nothing. My brother lived with our father 'til he was about 30, BUT they both ran a farm. I'm 36 and have had this view of "kids" since I was in school. I couldn't stand seeing friends in school getting all this free stuff, not having to work, being able to spend evey penny on a stereo, or something, and then getting more money from mom.
I just think it's ashame that some people don't have a good work ethic and there's really only a couple people to blame for this. It's a learned trait.

Don't discount all those kids. I was a goof off as a kid, got in to college just barley, spent the first two years "recovering from the night before." Then it hit me, I got kicked out of school for bad grades, worked in a factory for a year. 12 hour shifts, 5pm-5am, doing the same thing every 30 seconds. Met a lot of good people who turned to drugs and alcohol to get them threw their shitty life. I went to community college then back to the the University, graduated with a double major, then off to Grad school where I got a Masters in Mathematics with a GPA of 3.75.
As for the "The military won't "fix" everyone." Well it did with my brother in-law. Before I wouldn't trust him to walk my dog, today he's almost a different guy, respectful and motivated.

We all go through periods where we do really stupid things. Some of us wake up and smell the coffee, some do not and muddle through life mooching off the rest of us, some die early from those stupid things. It's Darwin at work.

I do not care about someone's taste in music being different from mine, but to raise kids in the atmosphere described is just plain wrong. It's a shock to realize that in many places you have to have a license to have a dog but anyone capable of ejaculation can make as many kids as they want.

My wife is a social worker, dual masters degrees. That's all I have to say, lol. She watches Jersey morons and knocked up teens tv shows as continuing education.

Gents
My 2 cents............we are the product of two factors:1. genetic inheretance 2. life experiences. The first is determined by the contribution of genetic material from male and female counterparts that led to your creation - not much you can do about your genetic "inheretance". The second is the only constituent you have a chance to alter. Some have the inertia to change or improve their situations, others seem content to ride along. Problems are not problems to those unwilling or incapable of recognizing them. If, and only if, one recognizes a problem can a remedy be affected. Oftentimes requires a lot of input and energy and can be a darned uncomfortable thing to do. Left alone, water will run downhill every time. Want it to go a different direction? Supply energy and direction. Truly has to be driven from within.................Wesley

Wesley, very true. I will add that the 'rents have a lot to do with how the kids turn out. Notice I did not say 'everything'; I could rattle along for a while recounting tales of the kids I grew up with who had good parents and turned out like crap, idiot parents and turned out great and all the levels in between ad nauseam. Sometimes there's a mix in the exact same families. But as parents we have to try our best.

Ultimately it's the person we see in the mirror who makes decisions for us. External influences notwithstanding. Be mindful of the things you choose to engage in - both on a professional and personal level - for they become part of who you ultimately become. Everyone sets an example. Some are to emulated, others not. There are a myriad of combinations/permutations relative to parental and family influences making an "if/then" conclusion nearly impossible. Accountability and truly accepting responsibility for ones actions/inactions rather than laying them at the feet of a scapegoat is paramount. Remember who we see in the mirror.....................Wesley

Back