What do you think?

Rodman

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I think I may have found one. 1976 XS650. Here is the description: $900.00

Complete bike. ~12,000 miles. Does not currently run. Needs carb cleaning, clutch release bearing, and brake master cylinder. Has been sitting for ~3 years. I oil the cylinders and turn the motor over periodically. Don't have the time or inclination to ride. Has recovered seat, custom badging, handle bars, etc. Rust in various locations. Comes with 3 helmets.

Attachments

• Pensacola XS650 - 2.jpg
    Pensacola XS650 - 2.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 146
  • Pensacola XS650 - 4.jpg
    Pensacola XS650 - 4.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 140
^ +1, you might get by with cleaning the carbs and master cylinder.
The clutch may simply be an adjustment. If you lucked out you may have a running bike with just some time invested.

Yeah, I don't know about the 3 deep tandem thing. I have some close friends but we're not that close!!!!!LOL Let me see if I can get over there and scoop this thing up.

Haha! It certainly looks like a good buy but, as stated above, definitely HAGGLE! I would emphasize the point that it doesn't run so a: you can't hear it run, and b: you can't test ride it and therefor you have to take the sellers word that it isn't a total heap. That sort of talk always helps drive a price down, just don't be a dick about it. And keep in mind that it is something of a gamble.

not sure how your current market sits but around here i'd be offering more around $500 for the same bike. too many unknowns and their is a good amount of rust on it, especially on the forks. really look it over. take a compression tester when you go to look at it. screw the helmets.

No luck on this one. The bike sold before I could get there. May have been on Craigslist for 24 hours. Better luck next time.

Back