What does this sticker mean.

kevski

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I recently bought a xs750 front fender for my 650 as decent used ones are rare over here, and as they are pretty much the same i went for it, still it's come from the US California, but what does the sticker mean, it has a 1975 date on it but we know the 750 did not go into production until 76.

WP_20160308_002_zpsqnh4ekpp.jpg

In the US we have to record the date the vehicle or item is built by the month and the year. So even though it says it is a 1976 model, the actual production date would be in 1975. For example if a vehicle was produced in 1975, the vehicles built between January and July would be recorded as a 1975 model, but vehicles built between July and December of 1975 would be recorded as a 1976 model for the next year.

I think that May 75 refers to the date that form was ok'd by USAF poobahs, not when it was applied to the bike.

Thanks guys, still the sticker has gone now to the bin, and the fender is now on the bike.

Thanks guys, still the sticker has gone now to the bin, and the fender is now on the bike.

Hi kevski,
I'm surprised that you removed the USAF sticker rather than carefully preserving it as an enhancement to your bike's patina.
My son is carefully conserving his bike's fender sticker which was put on by the long closed Saskatoon motorcycle dealership that first sold it.

Hi kevski,
I'm surprised that you removed the USAF sticker rather than carefully preserving it as an enhancement to your bike's patina.
My son is carefully conserving his bike's fender sticker which was put on by the long closed Saskatoon motorcycle dealership that first sold it.

Had it been a dealership sticker it would have remained, but even then it wouldn't have been for my particular bike.

USAF hasn't used those sticker permits in 20+ yrs.

Back