What fuel line goes here

CalsXS2

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
I recently rebuilt the 38's on my 72 XS2. It's been long enough I can't remember what goes on the up-most upper hose barb. It's actually just straight and not a barb. Any idea's. Thanks.

Attachments

• xs 070.jpg
    xs 070.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 295
That's just a vent. Originally, a length of clear plastic hose just dangled down between the carbs and vented to atmosphere. You'll have one on each carb. There was a little tab on one of the float bowl screws for the hoses to pass through.

I have seen some people connecting these from one carb to the other, bad? Should I just run a long piece of hose to the earth on both of these? Just worried about spraying into the air and hot pipes and such. . .

DO NOT inter-connect the vent lines. They vent the area above the fuel in the float bowl. Block them and a vacuum could form in the bowls, stopping fuel flow. Nothing comes out of the hoses, air goes in.

1972 xs2 carbs bs38 --can anyone tell me what this is? :thumbsup:

on the bottom left of pic --the white? pipe what is it and where does it go /do :confused:

Attachments

• carb.jpg
    carb.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 141
Sure, balance tubes.

Second picture has balance tube, black fuel line with spring wrap, unhooked from second carb on the right.

Second pic shows the vent tubes.

Attachments

• XS650 Carb Balance Tube.jpg
    XS650 Carb Balance Tube.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 173
  • XS650 Carb Vent Tubes.jpg
    XS650 Carb Vent Tubes.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 167
Back