What have you done to your XS today?

20240426_163022.jpg
First of the Second Tank of Gas
20240426_163056.jpg

Close Up of the Yellow Flowered Plant - Mustard?
Today in SW Ontario things were blooming, so it was a good day for a ride to further test out the windshield mounting. Seems fine, a bit more movement in the brackets than I would like.
Surprised to see this yellow field and knew it was too early for canola to be blooming so stopped to check it out.
Looks like farmer planted a cover crop, mustard I think, that will be ploughed in later before main crop is planted to improve the tilth of the soil.
Pleased with the way the '77 is running.
Now I have to cut the lawn.

The weather seemed right (today) so the XS came out of hibernation this afternoon. All looks well after a long sleep in the cold shed. Forecast is rain tomorrow so I’ll spend some time putting the rear sets, shifter etc back on. I’ll also get the battery in and see if I can spark her up. Tight squeeze in the garage right now but hopefully not for long as the Honda is up for sale now. I don’t expect a quick sale because I’m looking for top dollar for the bike.

Looking at the XS always puts a smile on my face.😀

IMG_4634.jpeg
IMG_4637.jpeg

Isn't it fun pulling down an engine that has been 'REBUILT'!
Cam chain re-riveted so tight it struggled to turn.
All of the clutch spring screws heads stripped.
More sealant than a silicone factory everywhere.
Cam chain runner separated.
Bolts & nuts either loose or way too tight.
Lucky it wasn't fired up.
Looking at all the parts as I pull it apart it looks like a good candidate for some fiddling.

Isn't it fun pulling down an engine that has been 'REBUILT'!
Cam chain re-riveted so tight it struggled to turn.
All of the clutch spring screws heads stripped.
More sealant than a silicone factory everywhere.
Cam chain runner separated.
Bolts & nuts either loose or way too tight.
Lucky it wasn't fired up.
Looking at all the parts as I pull it apart it looks like a good candidate for some fiddling.
Add to that missing parts in the starter gearbox on the left side, the clutch assembled with washers and spacers in the wrong order, the sump cover attached using some sort of glue that almost took some TNT to get off... Yeah, mechanic wannabes are so much fun to follow.

Add to that missing parts in the starter gearbox on the left side, the clutch assembled with washers and spacers in the wrong order, the sump cover attached using some sort of glue that almost took some TNT to get off... Yeah, mechanic wannabes are so much fun to follow.
And one of the clutch basket fingers is snapped off.
Gearbox & selectors are nice though.

Back