1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

What have you done to your XS today?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by I am Carbon, Nov 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. I am Carbon

I am Carbon shade tree mechanic XS650.com Supporter

What have you done to your XS today?

"A place to post up what'cha been doing in the garage or on the road. As always show us the pics!" gggGary

Today I gave her a wash
    then got out the carnauba wax and waxed her.
    lubed the drive chain
    checked oil
    ordered a new front master cylinder that looks retro instead of the modern one I have now. It will look much better and work well too.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2016
    Ritchie likes this.
  2. Jaydela180

Jaydela180 XS650 Addict

Prepped mags for powder... Bearings out, tires and rotors off. Both of which were shitty jobs!

3. Built an electrics box and added the starter key as well!:D

Moodubs likes this.
  4. sseres

sseres XS650 Junkie

Replaced bent shifter lever, replaced clutch lever (650central ez pull cracked!),

Moodubs likes this.
  5. Swapping to a rear disc, and mag wheel. And oh boy has this been fun:banghead:

Posted via Mobile

jahrdy likes this.
  6. mick71b

mick71b Kick Start Only

I went down to the shop and polished the cases a little bit, then looked at it for a while. :laugh:

arbea likes this.
  7. Got my EX-500 CVK Carb components almost all sourced. Went and sourced some 1/16" E-clips from Ace Hardware to hold the PWK-GJH needles.

Today I'll be receiving a substantial McMaster-Carr order to tidy up some hardware, finish off the CVK's with new screws, do a bench sync + wild guess at idle speed, fuel lines, etc. Then start measuring for throttle cables for my 2003 GSXR Throttle Housing -> EX-500 carbs.

Finish up some electrical for the tag light.

Maybe I won't get to all that today. It is like 10 degrees out and my fingers will become Ice almost immediately.

NorazDad likes this.
  8. I am Carbon

I took some 1000 grit wet sand paper and sanded out the scratches on my valve covers. That took few hours.

9. Made a bracket out of some L-brackets for my fake oil tank! And then mounted it to the bike!

Corndog and NorazDad like this.
  10. SINKING78

SINKING78 Oil, Grease, & Gas Please

11. RatyXS

RatyXS XS650 Junkie

MD
    A nice smokey burnout :D

NorazDad likes this.
  12. TwoManyXS1Bs

TwoManyXS1Bs BBQ Hunter Top Contributor

Something.....something.....can-of-worms....

Doug79 likes this.
  13. gggGary

gggGary Stop that! Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

71 removed the front fender, have to reweld the bracket where the tubes cracked off the center section. Next up getting rid of the extended fork tubes. I took a bunch of stuff to the chrome plater, I am suffering sticker shock but will probably pull the trigger, looks like I'll have to drop about $1000, what the whole bike cost new.

14. Not darn thing!! sold some parts,( to work on the build off bike) plan is to work on it later on to day when it warms up some.

15. angus67

angus67 Welder's penetrate deeper!!

hadnt started it in a month. ran some gas thru it.
    I have straights with just a touch of glasspack. Mom said it isnt that loud. I barked it, she jumped. Awesome!!:thumbsup:

16. RatyXS

RatyXS XS650 Junkie

MD
    I was out, trying to get this hunk dialed in with jetting, but managed to ride a few decent wheelies, no slouchers either, a good 60-100ftrs :d.. Its close but not right yet, still aggravating me, fuk.

Silverguy80 and Corndog like this.
  17. emzdogz

emzdogz Aunty Em

I worked on my battery box and wiring. A little.

18. AceofSpades

AceofSpades XS650 Addict

Pulled the motor out of the 81 buildoff bike.... prbably gonna swap out rear wheel tomorrow and sell off the mags....

19. deadchef

deadchef xsbobblehead

yesterday i put two of them to bed for the winter. installed clutch with new plates and springs on my slow going engine rebuild.

old man winter is already here in full force. hopefully spring will come quick and roads clear enough to ride by mid april. bleh!

20. I am Carbon

I when for a predawn ride this morning. :thumbsup:
    Went for a ride this afternoon.
    I just finished washing her and dried the tins.
    I installed a new mirror.

NorazDad and arbea like this.