What kind of saddlebags or luggage do you use?

Do you guys all use custom mounting brackets?

I use Tourmaster softbags, and needed some way to protect the bags from the rear springs. I used plywood that mounts at 3 points. The upper 2 points are spring clips that simply snap onto the rear handrails. The single bottom attachment, bolts to the passenger foot peg location.

Just takes 5 minutes to mount..................remove the rear foot pegs, snap it into place and secure the single crown nut.

They are light weight and work very well. Field proven on long trips and rain.

Attachments

• Saddle protection 1.JPG
    Saddle protection 1.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 223
  • Saddle protection 2.JPG
    Saddle protection 2.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 214
  • Saddle protection 3.JPG
    Saddle protection 3.JPG
    201.7 KB · Views: 202
  • Saddle protection 4.JPG
    Saddle protection 4.JPG
    213 KB · Views: 217
Electric fence post with some flat strap.

Attachments

• 04-26-11_1154.jpg
    04-26-11_1154.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 233
  • 07-05-11_1138.jpg
    07-05-11_1138.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 221
profile_zpszprga10t.jpg

Untitled2_zpsukz4jxzs.jpg

Dead thread, but Google is forever :)
(If there's an official saddlebag thread, let me know)

This is what I have. It's a regular messenger bag. Two thin and light aluminum mounting plates sandwich the back of the bag for a solid support, into which I drilled four holes for four eye bolts, which I use to secure the bag to the frame with snapties. Bag from amazon, the rest from home depot. Worked so well I ordered an identical bag for the other side.

Last edited:
I use Cyclegear's $20 tank bag. Got a clear area for paper map reading. Big enough to hold tools, more maps, long sleeve shirt after the temps rose and extra fuses. They have a bigger tank bag too. I forget the brand, but it's Cycle gear's house brand. "Built" I think

Back