what other hobbies do you have?

I am Carbon

shade tree mechanic
Reaction score
One of my other hobbies is takin pics here are a few of my favs three cylender P-51
4400245022_4d5c4b0f46.jpg

Big Beautiful doll P51 Mustang D by imacarboncopy, on Flickr
high speed pass about 150 mph
4407128173_8fbd4f6ea5.jpg

Big Beautiful doll P51 Mustang D.highspeed by imacarboncopy, on Flickr
me and one of my birds
4399473409_29dbffdd6f.jpg

Giles 300 and me by imacarboncopy, on Flickr
Foker DRVII
4399399111_28b77c1c13.jpg

fokker DVII by imacarboncopy, on Flickr
corkscrew swamp flower
4383308340_742e48ed68.jpg

flower in Cork screw swamp by imacarboncopy, on Flickr
very cold day in the swamp
4383301740_26e7156d7f.jpg

cool Hawk in cypress,cork screw swamp by imacarboncopy, on Flickr
PBY Catlina very big part of WW2
4267027353_84d0442bce.jpg

20091124_37 by imacarboncopy, on Flickr
the backyard bandit
4189299374_43d32c6fe8.jpg

Bandit on the lookout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by imacarboncopy, on Flickr
poin of impact
4135159120_d6497a1251.jpg

Oh My!!!!!! by imacarboncopy, on Flickr
my cat
4122066558_e9e5bde282.jpg

20091112_13.b by imacarboncopy, on Flickr
champane flight
4076271840_9b92b938bf.jpg

249yak54a by imacarboncopy, on Flickr
4070706644_d523e96695.jpg

20091101_41 by imacarboncopy, on Flickr
P-47 Tarheal Hal
4066264917_5bcddaaeb6.jpg

146a by imacarboncopy, on Flickr
4066265545_051286f87c.jpg

20091101_90a by imacarboncopy, on Flickr
jet flyin over the moon lucky shot for sure
4025487259_3aa58421f1.jpg

TBM prototype over the moon #2 by imacarboncopy, on Flickr

Mate, that's some seriously nice imaging! Wow! I'm impressed with both those birds, and the photography! :)

Me... I was an amateur bicycle racer on the road and track for five seasons up until about five years ago, when it got to be too much like a job. I'll resume recreational cycling this coming spring. I also run a little bit for fitness, but I used to to middle, long, and some ultra-distance running. I also love to hike and flatwater kayak (occasionally) with my wife.

I also like to dabble in a bit of guitar, have a tubbed '85 Mustang GT that I have not touched in about five years, but would like to resuscitate, and fool around occasionally with some photography. My other bike is an '05 Ninja 250R, which is an absolute blast.

I also restored antique American and European wooden clock cases (and some furniture) as a side business for about eight years, as well as built some reproductions. I have not made any sawdust in a while, but likely will after I retire.

My fondest passion, though, is the web forum I have been operating since 2004. It began as what was intended to be a clearinghouse of resource information for young people who struggle with matters such as self-harm, abuse, emotional issues, etc. (my educational background is in counseling psychology). Instead, though, I wound up with this little cadre of young people in the States, Canada, and Britain, most of whom are now in their 20s, and many of whom have been with me since they were about 15 years of age. I have been given the gift of being allowed to accompany them through everything in their lives, monumental to miniscule, thus far. Think about that for a second: Who is as fortunate as I, to "have kids" in three countries, and to be afforded that kind of trust? They enrich my life in ways that are hard to explain. I love them, individually and collectively, to absolute bits.

TC

I can't really complain, mate. :)

Oh! I almost forgot! I also do a bit of creative writing - most frequently, poetry - much of which is inspired by my peeps.

TC

I am Carbon;

Your pictures are really good. I like bird watching and wild animals in general. Just yesterday, my wife and I watched a small hawk, from our house back window. The hawk was sitting on a small shed and eating a small bird. Good for the hawk but bad for the small song bird.

Some nice looking RC planes you have. As a teenager I flew U-control planes (planes on wires). A few years back I built and flew a couple of RC planes. It was good fun but since I crashed a lot, it was an expensive hobby. Those were the 46 size glow plug engines. I might get back into the RC hobby, but this time it would be with electric motors.

I've also been an amateur radio operator, first licensed back in 1980, but no longer involved in that area.

I'm a pyrotechnician, I Import sell and put on firework shows here in Washington State. I work with Arrow fireworks on the consumer side and lucky stars fireworks on the professional side. Its a lot of fun and really gets the adrenalin going. If anyone in the aria wants a good deal on consumer fireworks let me know and I will hook you up! you can see a few of the shows I have done on my youtube site.

Thanks RG,. I do love being out in woods. I still have .46 glow planes I like the smell of nitro. And electric is quite a thrill with todays motor-speedcontroller-batteries a guy can get more that 2 to 1 thrust to weight ratio.

timebomb33 drag racing bikes! mighty cool I used to drag race a 66 mustang when I was in high school and that great fun.

Blowtorch what can I say every little boy 8 to 80 loves fireworks:smoke: putting on a show must be soooooooooooooooooooooooooo fun I'm :devil: jealous :thumbsup:

hi guys,,, both my bikes 1980 gs1000e/1977 xs650 yam... both have had major work,,, the yam ran like a bucket of garbage ,,, aand my suzuki was a cot case ,,,needin major motor work tyres, carbys ,brakes, tank, tiding up the loom and 4into 1 exhaust with a new 60mm mega cycle muffler ,, its now sweet,,, the yams having problems at the moment.. but will get sorted out ,,, i,m doing work on my house which is a big job, and my garden,,, it lets me get rid of frustration,,, last week and this week i got suckered in to help my mature lady next to me,, ,,she tired some trellace up to block off the fromt veranda.. i regularly talk to her ,,, it was all flapping in the wind ,,,so i told he what i might do if it was me ,,, yep i ended up framing all the trellace with 35/40x95 treated pine and dyna bolting it all to the brick walls and the concrete floor of the veranda,,, i knew what i did would be o.k and she ie tickled pink... and it all looks great and now we are looking at maybe fitting an alloy security door on it to stop the 4 small dogs running out the front door every time,,so my life is never boring regards oldbiker

Wow, I feel so inadequate...

I have a small (4 acres) hobby farm, raise chickens for meat and eggs, and have a flock of sheep for lambs.

I dabble in carpentry and woodworking, welding and metal fabrication mostly because I'm too broke/cheap to pay someone else to do it.

Used to do most of my own mechanical work until everything got computerized and the cost of the necessary diagnostic equipment pretty well put an end to that. That's one of the reasons I like old bikes so much. I still do all the work on my non-electronic equipment, farm tractors and such.

I'm also into shooting and reloading mostly handguns but a few long guns as well.

nj1639 I don't know much about pigeons. Are your birds homing pigeons? And what does there eggs look like? And have you named ALL your birds?

Kingwj Making beer is good hobbie! Making it may not be exciting. The exciting time is after testing the product my friend :thumbsup:

Downeaster What can I say. I have read some of your posts and I think you can make us feel inadequate! I lived in New Mexico,USA Had 3 1/2 acres with 65 fruit and nut trees I had 2 garden plots 1 was 65' x 150' potatoes and corn and 50'x50' with beans tomatoes greens squash cucumbers and garlic watermellon and all that = HELL OF A LOT A WORK. I have always fixxed my stuff too. and Me and my best friend reload and shoot too.

I have a BA in early American history and a BS in Production Agriculture. Neither of which I have a career in, lol. I am a complete book nerd and am constantly reading. Mostly early American history and British period mysteries.
I am a die hard fisherman and work part-time at a tackle shop. My wife and I also own a small knitting and crochet store (her gig).
My big hobby is motorcycles. Live and breath them. I love small cc bikes and really get a kick out of bringing a lonely, neglected bike back to life.
I also love tinkering with small parts, like carbs and stuff. My wife has to keep me away from swap meets though. I could walk through tables of parts all day.

I built and raced a Dwarf Car a few years ago. That's on the shelf now. Used to work on a '48 Flxible Clipper bus, total repower/rebuild. Been too busy to do much the last few years with a day job and a part time business. Have given up the business to get my time back and am currently knocking down a list of things that need to be done. This winter the XS project, next fall back on the Flx. Also there's the '58 Buick I need to finish. I do a little sheet metal shaping too.

Attachments

• PA130064.jpg
    PA130064.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 223
  • PA130058.jpg
    PA130058.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 222
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 197
My other hobbies include racing my dirt bike, spearfishing and spending time at the beach here in hawaii. Its a good llife

Hobbies? Well, when I can make or just take time to do one once in a while.....airplane watching. I live just north of Davis-Monthan Air Force Base and east of Tucson International Airport so I get a lot of air traffic over my house. Its kinda cool to see landing gear drop on the A-10's or F-4E's while in landing pattern. Or see a F-16 streeking away at night in full afterburner and watch it go out. The C-130's lumbering by at night bother the wife while watching TV but I'm used to it. Reading this site....and a few other cycle sites.....working on the XS or XJ600 Seca II or the KZ650 custom.....Saturday morning is working on bicycles at Zuni Ave Bike Club....some yardwork is good...woodworking once in a while....but only one thing beats a good XS ride.....a longer one!

nj1639 I don't know much about pigeons. Are your birds homing pigeons? And what does there eggs look like? And have you named ALL your birds?

Most all pigeons have a homing instinct. Homing Pigeons/Racing Pigeons are bred for distance and speed, mine are bred for rolling performance....tumbling you might say. They go up and 'roll' in the air, flipping backwards, some rolling all the way to the ground- not good. Eggs come in pairs and are white.
I don't name them though I may refer to them as individuals through their markings or performance- red, white, grizzle, roll down, flip. I guess that's kinda naming them........

Political activist. But I won't go into it here.

And I like to tinker, camp, fish, canoe, pan for gold and chase younger women. Has anyone noticed younger women seem to be getting faster or is it just me?

Back