What's it worth?????? 1999 Indian Chief..

jmink427

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
A friend of mine has this 1999 Indian Chief hes is thinking of selling.... He hasn't rode it in about a year... (last summer about 6 times) He said it will most likely need a kit in the carb and a battery... i can pick it up for about 5k.....I'm just going back and forth on this. My wife would probably kill me....... :confused:

temporary-49.jpg

Me thinks the pricing should be in line with a '99 Evo FL, $8-12k. There was a big lawsuit from some reluctant Indian owners that put the company tits up. The build and component quality just wasn't there. I've got a buddy that had all of his tins replaced under warranty because they failed prematurely (cracking).The running gear was S&S Evo? I think? (this was prior to the proprietary Indian motor.)
$5k is a great price, I'd scoop it up even if it was only as a basis for a rebuild.

Chris

Me thinks the pricing should be in line with a '99 Evo FL, $8-12k. There was a big lawsuit from some reluctant Indian owners that put the company tits up. The build and component quality just wasn't there. I've got a buddy that had all of his tins replaced under warranty because they failed prematurely (cracking).The running gear was S&S Evo? I think? (this was prior to the proprietary Indian motor.)
$5k is a great price, I'd scoop it up even if it was only as a basis for a rebuild.

Chris

It has a 96" S&S engine....

I think that sounds good. There was a dude around here that traded one for a rotten pickup truck that wasnt worth more than $800. The other guy definitely won out!

I would price it at KBB trade in value since I can't find the modern Indians on NADA. That is $7,000, so if you like it, go for it.

It does have fringe on the seat. That's gotta be worth at least a thousand.

No doubt. Does is come with fifteen pounds of silver and turquoise jewelry or do you have to supply that yourself?

Still, the S&S gear would make it worth it to me, I'm just not into the heavy cruiser style. There would be about 200 lbs of scrap metal coming off that thing if I bought it.

Good Day jmink427

I am probably months late, but I will ask anyways.

Do you still have the Indian Chief for sale?

if so, courteously reply with a yes or no.

Thank You for your time

I am legit and in the market for an Indian chief

Last edited:
Good Day jmink427

I am probably months late, but I will ask anyways.

Do you still have the Indian Chief for sale?

if so, courteously reply with a yes or no.

Thank You for your time

I am legit and in the market for an Indian chief

No sorry... He sold it shortly after i posted this... I was considering buying it but just couldn't justify it.......

Last edited:
hi again

any chance you can remove my contact info on this post. i didnt realise it was public

the edit button is within this thread on your reply

thanks a million

joe

Back