what's this nut

Royboy

many roads, little time
Reaction score
North Central MN / Gold Canyon AZ (seasonal tramp)
Just finished drilling the rear rotor on the 78' SE to sorta look like it belongs with the front EBC rotor. Happy with the outcome but can't figure out where the little square nut came from. Don't see it in the manuals. I believe it must have come out of the chain adjustment hardware. Bear in mind I'm about three gin and tonics in at this point. What's this nut?

roy

Attachments

• 9-18-14 SE Rear Rotor 003.JPG
    9-18-14 SE Rear Rotor 003.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 239
  • 9-18-14 SE Rear Rotor 002.JPG
    9-18-14 SE Rear Rotor 002.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 228
Well! There you go. I did put a new AGM battery in the bike yesterday while it was waiting for me to finish the rotor. Damn, do you have any idea how much I hated to tell you guys I didn't know where it came from? "Pride goeth before a fall".

roy

stupid arrangement :doh: I have no electricity where I store my bike so I have to remove the battery every time I need to charge it

Anyone come up with a solution that keeps the nuts inside the battery terminals ?

I completely coat the entire terminal post inside and out with Vaseline to prevent corrosion, nut and bolt too. Being all greased up like that somewhat retains the nuts, better than a totally dry set-up anyway.

cut a short piece of plastic hose, (battery vent hose size) stuff it under the nut, holds it in place and make it easier to get the bolt started as it's held up to the top of the terminal post

great ideas thanks:thumbsup:

I had thought of fitting some short threaded rods held in by nuts either side of the terminal then using wing nuts to fix the cables to but haven't tried it yet :wink2:

Back