What's with Ardcore Choppers?

buddybear

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I've ordered 2 Ardtails back on the 1st week of March and haven't heard a thing from them. Tried calling and leaving messages and emailing them to check the status of my order and can't seem to get to talk to anyone. Are they going out of business or what?

I was going to post this same thing. I placed a order in march and the money never got charged to my card. I have emailed, left msgs and called several times. No answer.

I'm hoping they are just busy. My account was charged for my order 5 wks. ago and can't seem to get any ones attention there. I've read where their work is second to none but IMHO they have a long way to go in the customer service department. A simple reply by phone or email to explain the delay could ease peoples minds and go along way in the customer trust department even if you have enough business you don't need to be concerned with customer satisfaction. Just sayin!

Talked to them a month ago about a hardtail. He said email what I wanted. Emailed him the info and never have heard back. Not a good way to start a project.
jefft

im also waiting for a hardtail that ive paid for, its so hard to get a reply from an email im getting very frustrated.

I bought my hardtail from Monstercraftsman and it was here in two weeks! Not trying to rub it in but Jon and his crew kicks ass! It took no time to weld it on. It took more time for me to be sure of myself than anything else. Good luck guys!

Yeah somethings up.

Been waiting 9 weeks here. Called once and it was " um, um um, oh uh, when did you order again, it's gonna be another few weeks..."

But when I was inquiring over the course of 3 emails, got a nice quick response every time. And as soon as I placed the order never heard another thing.

Yeah somethings up.

Been waiting 9 weeks here. Called once and it was " um, um um, oh uh, when did you order again, it's gonna be another few weeks..."

But when I was inquiring over the course of 3 emails, got a nice quick response every time. And as soon as I placed the order never heard another thing.

I had the same experience.

It took 9 weeks, then i got mine.

Lowbrow Customs is another AAA supplier.
I got my David Bird Hardtail in 4 days.
Hope you guy's that have already spent money make out ok.

I bought my hardtail from Monstercraftsman and it was here in two weeks! Not trying to rub it in but Jon and his crew kicks ass! It took no time to weld it on. It took more time for me to be sure of myself than anything else. Good luck guys!

Well does anyone know of a company that makes pipes similar to their top fools. Or where I could buy a set of top fools from somewhere else?
Hugh's Handbuilt has an awesome set of pipes called Speedsters. You can see pics on their site. I purchased a set because there design would not interfere with the forward controls I am using.

My 2 cents concerning Ardcore: Ordered a hard tail last July and was told it would take five weeks. No show. Emailed a couple of times to ask about it, was told "soon". Emailed again at eight weeks, was told my order must have been misplaced. Finally got the tail ten weeks after I ordered it.

They make kind of a big deal about how everything is tig welded in a jig, but the tail I got wasn't very straight. It wasn't really noticeable until I had it installed and had the rear wheel in place. Axle plates aren't parallel, the upper cross-tube that the seat would attach to wasn't welded in straight, the upper rails don't meet the main tube exactly at the center, and the main tube itself is ever so slightly out of alignment. I think I can make it all work with some cutting, bendng, and re-welding. But man......I ordered this tail so I wouldn't have to do all of that.

Laying a tape across the lower factory rails I get 1 1/8" OD and the Ardtail rails are 1" OD. Not so noticeable with the lower motor mounts in between, but if I built my own hard tail I'd match the factory tubing.

My tail was #400. Maybe they're getting burned out. I never contacted Ardcore about any of this, so I've never posted about it here until now.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 423
I have a friend that is not having any trouble working through a custom springer front end job with them right now. Maybe they have the hard tails welded in China, and the boat ran out of fuel on the way here.

I filed a Paypal complaint against them but there was no way to make it a dispute.
The next day I got a email from them asking if I want my money back. They refunded it after over 10 weeks of waiting and claimed that my tail was going to be shipped out tomorrow....Bizzare business model that is.
Going to get another TC cuz they had the last one to me in less than 2 weeks.

Finally received an email from Ardcore today explaining that they are pretty much working 7 days a week trying to catch up on orders and the reason for the backlog is a significant delay from their supplier that CNC 's the axle plates for the Ardtails. They say orders are running approximately 1-2 weeks behind the initial quoted turnaround time. Now that's all I needed to hear so that I know what's going on. A little communication goes a log way and could possibly give people some confidence in them.

Well does anyone know of a company that makes pipes similar to their top fools. Or where I could buy a set of top fools from somewhere else?
Dan at Pandemonium has a set that looks good or just get a kit and make a set,
you would still have a lot of pipe left over for next set.:bike:

Back