What's with Ardcore Choppers?

Jon ard mailed me yesterday, for 23 weeks i heared nothing. Appologies for the delay. But my tail is ready to ship. When i wire the shipping Costs they will sent it.I hope they are honest with this matter.

Cheers GJ

Well, I talked with them a few times, and two friends who sell bikes and talk with thousands of bikers a week recommended them. It seems that they were running 12 weeks behind at some point last Fall from enormous demand, but have promised me a frame within 3 weeks. I hope that is the case, as my friend ordered his DIY hardtail from TC Brothers, got it within 2 days, and is already cutting and welding. Still, they seem like nice guys with a good reputation for quality, so here's hoping that they've eliminated all their production problems.

I ordered and paid for my Ardcore Hardtail 10 weeks ago. I was told 4-5 weeks. If they are busy and can't keep up, fine. But if you take my money you can at least email a brother back. 3 un answered emails asking for an update.

I couldn't charge my clients in full and not show up to do work for ten weeks plus.

I have a build that is going no where. Should have got the TC

Ouch. Delivery is a week late now, and my buddy who ordered from TCBrothers is half-way done with his build as my languishes into the Spring. I'm sure they're a great group of guys, and they seem to do good work, but you are right - promising April when it's going to be July is not cool. That makes a big hit in my pocketbook (and riding season), as I'm no longer going to have a bike for this season, it will be cold before it's done. That's going to cost me hundreds of dollars and jeopardizes the entire build project. I hope your experience is an outlier and atypical, but it's a kick in the nuts if it's true. It seems they're a victim of their own success.

I hope John Ard and Ardtail are able to ramp up production and get their order fulfillment smoothed out and back on track, not only so it doesn't kill my project, but also so they survive and thrive.

I ordered and paid for my Ardcore Hardtail 10 weeks ago. I was told 4-5 weeks. If they are busy and can't keep up, fine. But if you take my money you can at least email a brother back. 3 un answered emails asking for an update.

I couldn't charge my clients in full and not show up to do work for ten weeks plus.

I have a build that is going no where. Should have got the TC

Just hang in there man. My tail took 10 weeks too with terrible email support. It is all worth it though when you get it. Plus the lines of the tail are perfect.

Just hang in there man. My tail took 10 weeks too with terrible email support. It is all worth it though when you get it. Plus the lines of the tail are perfect.

Thanks bro, That makes me feel a bit better, it's hard being in New Zealand and I can't exactly do much about it. I just want to build my bike and Ardcore tails are the best looking and best designed that's why I went down that road. Fingers are crossed.

Go back and check the history here. That has been going on for how many years?
TC

The Ardcore tail is the best hands down. I love mine. The lines are killer and its stupid easy to install. However, for years their site claims like 5-6 weeks and they are averaging like 15. Shits ridiculously dishonest.

I'm now at 14 weeks with no email reply and won't answer the phone.

My mate ordered a tc the same week and he's road testing his build. Very frustrating.

I'm now at 14 weeks with no email reply and won't answer the phone.

My mate ordered a tc the same week and he's road testing his build. Very frustrating.

I called this morning about ordering a seat and Jon answered the phone personally on the second ring. I've always had good luck getting ahold of him. It did take a long time to get my ardtail but it was worth the wait. Try calling again today, I know he's there.

I called this morning about ordering a seat and Jon answered the phone personally on the second ring. I've always had good luck getting ahold of him. It did take a long time to get my ardtail but it was worth the wait. Try calling again today, I know he's there.

What number were you using?

If I was a betting man I'd say they still say 4-5 weeks because they know how much business they'd lose if they say 16 weeks.

Best looking hardtail around but geez the complaints on delivery. Remember spades build (an angry monkey style). Best looking XS I ever seen hands down. That was a hardcore tail.
TC

I bought my hardtail from Monstercraftsman and it was here in two weeks! Not trying to rub it in but Jon and his crew kicks ass! It took no time to weld it on. It took more time for me to be sure of myself than anything else. Good luck guys!

Monstercraftsman - what ride height off the ground does that weld on give you?

Is all you guys do is bitch and moan? They arent a factory.
Every tail is built to order by 1 guy.
I have ordered custom parts from various places and they have all taken months to receive.
If you dont want to wait for a quality part then dont, order from somewhere else and save everyone the trouble.
I know for a fact (former employee of ardcore)that you dont get charged until your part is in the jig. And even then its only the deposit.
With the remainder being taken when the part is ready to ship.
If you think waiting is so bad then try building an hd with handmade parts and se how long it takes. If you dont want to wait build your own tail.
This isnt a click and get it set up.
If you like the way anyother builders tails look then order from them and get it in 2 days.
If you want a tail that has the right portions and is quality made then order from ardcore.
This is the reason i got out of the chopper business. I got sick of all of the single serving,me first people.
There is a line.
Get in it,or get off it..
Its not all about YOU!

Is all you guys do is bitch and moan? They arent a factory.
Every tail is built to order by 1 guy.
I have ordered custom parts from various places and they have all taken months to receive.
If you dont want to wait for a quality part then dont, order from somewhere else and save everyone the trouble.
I know for a fact (former employee of ardcore)that you dont get charged until your part is in the jig. And even then its only the deposit.
With the remainder being taken when the part is ready to ship.
If you think waiting is so bad then try building an hd with handmade parts and se how long it takes. If you dont want to wait build your own tail.
This isnt a click and get it set up.
If you like the way anyother builders tails look then order from them and get it in 2 days.
If you want a tail that has the right portions and is quality made then order from ardcore.
This is the reason i got out of the chopper business. I got sick of all of the single serving,me first people.
There is a line.
Get in it,or get off it..
Its not all about YOU!

I think you missed the point...if you had taken the time to read the thread, people are upset that the quoted time frames are not being met, and that the customer service is not there.

If I get quoted $xxx.xx and a delivery time of 4 weeks, then I am fine with it providing the price stays the same and the delivery time is met. If the delivery then takes 15 or 20 weeks instead of the quoted time period of 4 weeks, that's a major problem. Not one with the customer, with the builder.

No matter what the business is, be a man & be true to your word...tell them, "we make a great product and can take your order, but it will be 12/15/20 (whatever) weeks for the product to be delivered". Let the consumer then decide if the wait time is worth it for the apparent quality of Ardcore, or whether they decide that time is of the essence and want to go with another direction.

I have had nothing but the best customer service you could ask for out of these guys. I called Jon after I installed my hardtail because the drive and wheel sprockets didn't line up with the wheel centered. As a matter of fact the rear tire was offset 3/4". Jon had me ship him my frame to inspect it. It cost me $23 to get it there, he diagnosed and fixed it for free and paid to ship it back to me. And it turns out the front of the donor frame had been wrecked and the backbone was tweaked AND I installed the tail a little crooked as well. So it wasn't even Ardcores fault. I understand the complaints but I just wanted to let everyone know that my dealings with them have been nothing short of superb.

I think you missed the point...if you had taken the time to read the thread, people are upset that the quoted time frames are not being met, and that the customer service is not there.

If I get quoted $xxx.xx and a delivery time of 4 weeks, then I am fine with it providing the price stays the same and the delivery time is met. If the delivery then takes 15 or 20 weeks instead of the quoted time period of 4 weeks, that's a major problem. Not one with the customer, with the builder.

No matter what the business is, be a man & be true to your word...tell them, "we make a great product and can take your order, but it will be 12/15/20 (whatever) weeks for the product to be delivered". Let the consumer then decide if the wait time is worth it for the apparent quality of Ardcore, or whether they decide that time is of the essence and want to go with another direction.

That is exactly the point. I think Ardcore are a great company with a great product and great reputation. This is why I spent my hard earned money with them.

I'm not bitching I'm just stating fact, concrete5 hit the nail on the head.

Bought mine from voodoo vintage,again a small operation and had it in a week and half.16 weeks is ridiculous.I wouldn't wait that for long,maybe 4 at the max

Back