whats wrong?

kris7

new2the motorcycle world
Reaction score
New 2 this & knowledge of bikes is very limited so bare with me. Ridin 2 work the other morn (about 2miles) & bike popd or fired outa back of carbs 3 times on the way. Right as I was pullin n the parkinglot it started popping constantly outa the pipes & hesitating real bad. Bad enuf I couldn't ride it home. I took tank off & cleaned it out & fuel lines 2 & run carb cleaner thru it but no difference. What's goin on?

Sounds like you either need a good carb cleaning, or to sync the carbs. Also be sure to check your cam tension, timing and valve clearance. The tech section located up top is your friend.

Also, on a side note, I realize that you are new to the forum but when asking tech questions bike info helps. Things like year, mods, history, color, etc. help your cause. Also, the title on your thread needs to be more descriptive.

Welcome to the forum, there is much to learn, and enjoy.

Worth also checking your carbs are still fully seated in the holders - a backfire can sometimes pop them out if the clamps aren't tight. The advice from Patches should hopefully stop it backfiring in the first place.

Back