Whats your weather right now?

IMG_0161.JPG

32 years up on the ridge and have never had hail this big.
"Tail end Charlie" is what they're calling the line that went through. Spawned a tornado in Madison, In./Milton, Ky.

Last edited:
Had about a gazillion waves of storms and hail last night... all the way up to daybreak. Creaky ol' house, restless dogs scared of thunder.... yeah, good luck sleeping in all that.

1710441860059.png

Rained all day today. Work was :poo: as the customers didn't show up.
Drive home in a down poor. Got out of the truck into a monsoon downpour.
100 yards to the front door and I was soaked to the skin; WTF is the weather up too?
On the positive side things can only get better.... I hope.

Iconic bridges, but why do the Americans cover them with featherboard cladding?
'cause they're made of wood. An abundant materiel that isn't really suited to bridges.
But back in the wilderness days, that's pretty much all they had.
Where a wood roadway would barely support it's own weight, adding the sides and roof gives it enough structural strength to carry horse and wagon. So it was more necessity than anything else.

'cause they're made of wood. An abundant materiel that isn't really suited to bridges.
But back in the wilderness days, that's pretty much all they had.
Where a wood roadway would barely support it's own weight, adding the sides and roof gives it enough structural strength to carry horse and wagon. So it was more necessity than anything else.
We have timber bridges in the UK dating back centuries, but our peasants just had to trudge over them in the rain; some of those bridges are still standing.
I guess UK hardwood construction is more durable?
🏗️

25° windy and snowing.
White out driving for the first 5mi out of the hills on my drive to work, fun.
Supposed to warm to mid 30s today. 17° tonight. Brrrr.
Stupid groundhog!

Capture.JPG

Its a little warmer as the new biking season gets closer.
My bikes are currently SORN (Statutory Off Road Notice) to save money over winter.
Time to MOT and Tax them from the first of April, when Spring arrives proper.

20240322_171029.jpg
Spring Time in SW Ontario
It's a couple degrees above freezing at 5:10. The forsythia are hardy and often get snowed on while in bloom.
20240322_171046.jpg
Likewise, the daffodils are not phased by a bit of snow. There was a couple inches on the ground this morning to shovel off the front walk so the place looked inhabited and the letter carrier would be safe.
Around here once you get past Easter, the snow shovel can be put away and you can check the tire inflation.

Back