Whats your weather right now?

20231128_095720.jpg
Guess I'll Store the Mower
-5C and sunny today. Supposed to be 8 in a day or so, however briefly, so snow can melt off the bottom of the drive.

-2C outside. When I got up, the garage was 7.7C. Remote started the diesel heater and after 2 hours it’s 11.5C. When I go out after lunch I’ll crank up the electric heater and it should be a balmy in no time for the rest of the afternoon. Very light snow in the air but nothing on the ground (yet).

Maryland Winter is often 40's 50's F with some stretches of 20's & 30's.
Last year was mild.
Not sure what this year will be like.
I plan to do some short rides this winter on the back roads near my house.
Not winterizing/storing the bikes for this winter. They will all get ridden every couple weeks.
Had 4 different bikes out this weekend for short 30-45 minute rides at different times during the holiday.

20231130_155552.jpg
Good Bye Snow & November
9C and windy today, all the snow melted.
20231130_155522.jpg
Harvested the last of the garden today, beets were in sub freezing weather for a few days not sure if they take that as well as carrots, we'll see.
Edit: the beets were good, but am sure they would be mush by spring.

Last edited:
Still well below freezing. There hasn't been any more snow, but the frost crystals have been growing - grass, trees, roofs all picked out in white. Frozen snow on all the hills around. The Scottish Borders are looking beautiful just now.

Bloody well cold & frosty when I left for work at 7.00am this morning. Temp Gauge in truck shows -2 but felt colder.
Glad I put my windscreen cover on the truck overnight. Took me just a minute to get going; unlike my neighbors who were scraping ice off their cars for ages! Tee Hee.......

I think I need to build an Ark!

Seattle/Tacoma - WA, US, National Weather Service

Affected Area​

Southwest Interior

Description​

...HEAVY RAINFALL TODAY THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT WILL LEAD TO AN INCREASED THREAT OF LANDSLIDES IN WESTERN WASHINGTON... Rainfall of 1 to 5 inches over the past 3 days has increased soil moisture to moderate levels across western Washington. Heavy rainfall of 2 1/2 to 5 inches is expected today through Tuesday night. This amount of rain will put extra pressure on soil instability, leading to an increased threat of landslides and debris flows.

Seattle/Tacoma - WA, US, National Weather Service

Affected Area​

Portions of northwest and west central Washington, including the following counties, in northwest Washington, Grays Harbor and Kitsap. In west central Washington, King, Lewis, Pierce, Snohomish and Thurston

Description​

...FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 130 PM PST THIS AFTERNOON... WHAT...Urban and small stream flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected. WHERE...Portions of northwest and west central Washington, including the following counties, in northwest Washington, Grays Harbor and Kitsap. In west central Washington, King, Lewis, Pierce, Snohomish and Thurston. WHEN...Until 130 PM PST Tuesday. IMPACTS...Water over roadways. Overflowing poor drainage areas. Ponding of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent. ADDITIONAL DETAILS... - At 728 AM PST, Doppler radar and automated rain gauges indicated heavy rain. This will cause urban and small stream flooding. Between 1 and 3 inches of rain have fallen. - Additional rainfall amounts of 0.5 to 1 inch are expected over the area. - http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles.

Today, as the cold weather is replaced by a 'warm' front bringing heavy rain, Scottish Borders Council has issued a warning that the rain falling on frozen surfaces will freeze. Giving dangerous conditions on roads and pavements.

I recall a few years back, we had a similar scenario - the rain froze immediately as it landed on cold ground. We were in Galashiels that day, it was almost impossible to keep upright and pedestrians were falling over like ninepins.

This time, think we'll stay in.

Cardiff has turned into Manchester where it fu*kin’ rains constantly.
Today I put both Taffy and The Brat on SORN (Statutory Off Road Notice), a legal requirement in Blighty so I don’t have to pay Road Tax over winter. If I get caught using the bikes by the Plod (Police) under SORN it’s a fine and points on my licence. Roll on March 2024 I say.

32c and 22c Lawn is brown, haven't mowed for weeks now. First cyclone of the season to bear down on the coast. Predicted to hit Tuesday, was a cat 4 weakend to cat 2 but expected to strengthen before crossing the coast further north than me. My area still in the wind zone . Can't b complacent and hate the waiting.

Jyahhhch, just sitting here lookin out the window, it's nearly dark, it's only quarter to four in the afternoon and we've had the lights on for ages. Need them on all day if yer workin. And it's raining. Been raining on & off for days now. Next change of the weather - maybe another few days or even a week of this first - it'll probably turn cold and icy.

Moan, moan, moan. Scotland in the winter.

Back