Wheel for my xs650 sizes

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
OK here is what I have done over the years and anyone else can jump in if they want to give there info also.
WHEEL SIZE
I have done 140/160/200/250 wheels on bikes and the bigger you get the more work you need to do. AXLE size also needs to be addressed TOO. When you go out and buy these aftermarket wheels some come with 1" axle other 3/4' Axle and GSXR are also close to 1 inch but metric. Wheel size must be 4" or larger.
The best way to go forward is to figure out the size you want buy the wheel and tire then look for a swingarm that will match up. If building a HARDTAIL again space is important. Most arm are 8 1/2 inches axle plate to axle plate for a tire bigger than a 140 you need more inches.. Some hardtails can be bent out to give you more but the most I ever done was get 3/4 inch more. Now if you are going crazy and want a 200 or bigger its going to involve JACKSHAFTS and OFFSET SPROCKETS. Off set sprockets can be got easy because they sell them for drag bikes and any good sprocket company can make you one for what you want. I have done XS650 without a plate kit and just the offset by cutting up the cover .
OK now its your turn with the questions????
Good arms I have used are GS750/1000/1100 GPZ 550/750/1100 and I even used part of a HAYABUSA arm for a project. So its not just a bolt on and go work is needed but looks good in the end.

Back