Wheel spacing

Simple Bob

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need some help here. It's been a while since I have worked on the old project so I decided to give it a shot today. I had not to long ago (8 months ago) bought new bearings for the rear wheel from mikes and put them in. Now I have finished up the electrical work needed and I'm ready to install the rear wheel. So I thought. Nothing is fitting. The bearings are as far Down as the will go into the rim. All brackets are there but I have no room for the axel adjusters now on either side. The mag wheel and disk brake bracket line up like it should. I just don't get it. Please help. The one thing I should have done was kept the old bearings and measured them but that didn't happen:banghead:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 129
I don't think the problem is the bearings. The pic is a bit disorienting, but the bearings look seated and the caliper and spacer look the same as the rw assembly on my 1980 SG (except my adjusters fit!).

Problem could be on the other side? Swing arm?

It's a hardtail. Also it was fitted up prior to paint but with old bearings. I'm beginning to believe its in bearings

Back